Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Both goals were great like, Almiron's ball out to Trippier for the first was something we really lacked from our forwards.

Trippier's ball into Almiron for the second was fucking NAWTY as well. He'll bring us so much next season along with Botman.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I was wondering if it was just iffy highlights because there’s a lot of comments about how we need to replace miggy because he lacks end product but uproar when folk suggest ASM isn’t pulling his weight. ‘Selling our best attacking player is daft’ etc. not sure he is our best attacking player. 

It's only a preseason friendly so you can't put too much stock in it ..but based on what I gathered from the Portuguese commentator..their right side of defense was strong and their left side weak so he was suggesting that we were always likely to get my joy attacking down almirons side. 

That being said ASM still had a few moments where he can create something out of nothing and did very little "wrong" other than looking poor defensively but that's nothing new.

it's weird that he keeps getting singled out for criticism when you see how poor some of the other players in the squad are. 

Regarding his going down easily, I don't think people appreciate how much he does get kicked. There was one moment shown on reply where the fucker took out his one leg then smashed his other leg aswell for good measure. There is probably also the element of making the ref aware of it so that it doesn't keep happening or better you get them carded early. He also does milk it possibly to get out of some defensive work ?

ASM was by far our best attacking contributor last season. Miggy has barely done a thing of note in the PL for two years.

I'm really keen for him to have a redemption arc under Howe, and hopeful for him this season - but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Pre-season has a habit of having absolutely no correlation with the real thing.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

First L7 corner section just opened up for Bilbao. Looking like at least 47,000 for that game now. 

Ahh.  Wish I had waited for them to open up now.  I'm right up in L7, but on the halfway line, which isn't the best view in my experience.  Much prefer the corner.  Pleased it is a decent crowd, though.  

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Does anybody know if the Atalanta Bilbao games will be shown on NufcTV  ?

Doubt it unless they sell out. Maybe extended highlights within days. Could be wrong though.

Guest reefatoon

Black paint shit. Madri shit. Loan shit. Lack of transfers shit. Now font shit. These owners get nothing right.

9 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

No Joelinton or Shelvey for Atalanta. Might, depending upon how it goes, prompt a bit of reconsideration of the need for another CM. 

Just another sign that we need a CM of some sort. As if it wasn’t obvious already… Naive not going for one if you aim to have a good season. Not only for better depth but better quality in such a vital area too. 

Edited by Ikon

Guest HTT II

Getting back to the Benfica game. It was an exciting match and I agree with Howe, more like a PL game, fast paced, high tempo, physical and lots of quality play from both sides. We were more open than last season, but more attacking too and it made for a decent watch and if we can find the right balance between defending and attacking which has always been an issue with a Howe team, we can have a great season. I was very impressed with both sides, Benfica are a decent CL team, very technical with quick and aggressive players and we were the better team IMO, if not the better footballing side.