Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Maybe botman is still not at the fitness for the PL?

I think he's fine, but Eddie probably is one of those who feels you don't lose your place unless you deserve to, and equally if you are good enough you will keep your place once you earn it. See Bruno.

Barely saw any of the game, but loved the fact that Fraser (I think it was) was busting a gut putting pressure on their goalkeeper in the last few minutes of a friendly after playing the full 90 minutes. 

From the sounds of it in pre season, that's what we've been doing every game and it reminds me of that Arsenal performance last season. Makes me so excited for the new season! 

Well that was a pretty drab game but still absolutely loved being back in the stadium for my first game back in many years. Sat in the best seats I've ever sat in before with a great view, we're just so toothless upfront so I pray to god we get some forward options in asap 

XiFqOSy.jpeg

Edited by Willow

20 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Maybe botman is still not at the fitness for the PL?

17 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I really wouldn't read anything into pre season performances and lineups tbh.  They are done for fitness purposes first and foremost.

Three minutes apart from the same poster :lol: Love ya Nees

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to say I personally really like that we haven't played our 'starting XI' yet and indeed won't for the friendlies. Same system every game but different players is to me how a proper side should be coached. It means anybody should be able to step in - and nobody feels completely comfortable of their place.

We've got near enough two full elevens fit enough to come in and do a job for 90 minutes. Sure, some of the players among those 22 might not be good enough, but that's really not the point. If we get a couple of crucial injuries, we've got someone to step in in pretty much every position and at least know what they are supposed to do.

Not that we really need to compare it, but just to think back 12 months from now, at the start of thr season we didn't have a fully fit first eleven, imagine how far off the squad players were tactically and fitness wise? 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Unbelievable scenes when @PENKAAA nudges me in the second half to point out Adam P is 3 seats along from us. 

Hopefully you're on his match video.

54 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to say I personally really like that we haven't played our 'starting XI' yet and indeed won't for the friendlies. Same system every game but different players is to me how a proper side should be coached. It means anybody should be able to step in - and nobody feels completely comfortable of their place.

That 0-1 (shots faced: 1) is going to sting like a bitch though.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Read a couple of comments that Murphy was being booed?

No I think the booing was directed at the stewards who were putting a stop to the guy carrying the flag around.

Edited by mikejaxer

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

No I think the booing was directed at the stewards who were putting a stop to the guy carrying the flag around.

this is correct, had nothing to do with Murphy whatsoever

Longstaff and Anderson stood out for sure. Schar also did well and made some very good passes into midfield at times. Almiron looks so much better and was a constant threat both with and without the ball.

Would be shocked if Longstaff and Almiron didn't start against Forrest. Anderson may have to wait a little while though unless he goes out on loan.

33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Longstaff and Anderson stood out for sure. Schar also did well and made some very good passes into midfield at times. Almiron looks so much better and was a constant threat both with and without the ball.

Would be shocked if Longstaff and Almiron didn't start against Forrest. Anderson may have to wait a little while though unless he goes out on loan.

More or less the starting 11 for the  Arsenal match. Best we’ve played in years.

Edited by gazza ladra