Pre-season (2024/25): Yokohama F Marinos 2-0 Newcastle United

bowlingcrofty

17 hours ago, LFEE said:

What’s people’s thoughts on the attendance today? 13k seems very poor. Any reasons why so other than Mike Ashley.

For context, the Tokyo Verdy vs. Brighton game got 22,500 and that was at the weekend with Mitoma playing and at the National Stadium. We're playing there on Saturday. Its in Shinjuku, so central Tokyo. Its the Olympic Stadium, so there's a running track :(

For Japanese locals interested in the Toon and not Urawa Reds, their stadium is quite far out of Tokyo. It is magnificent but a bit of a pork barrel thing built in what was the middle of nowhere for the 2002 World Cup. The Reds themselves get an average attendance of around 35000, which isn't a sell out. I dunno how many fans the Reds normally get paying on the day, but there were flash floods in nearby parts of Saitama from the rain that fell pre-game.

“The young Magpies lost 7-3 at Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium, with Michael Mills, Ethan Fullen and Oliver Best on target for Graeme Coulson's side.

United trailed 5-1 at half time against an XI made up of some of Japan's most promising youth players, in front of a crowd of close to 2,000.”

Perhaps we’ll pick up some prospects there. Jesus, 5-1 at half time. 
edit: just read it was under 15s so perhaps not. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, midstoon said:

Kick off 11am

Last match i had my vpn set to phillipines and worked fine all match. (other countries should work aswell)

I just set mine to France and it worked too.