Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United (22/05/2022)

Yorkie

32 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not really got an issue with Burnley, but I'm glad they're gone, just a lingering, stink of a club, simply just hang around each season, the likes of Stoke, Bolton, and similar clubs, perfect Ashley survival clubs.

Its about time, especially with Dyche gone too, no doubt he'd have saved them today.

Good away result for us, Eddie even has us getting a result and not playing particularly well.

You mentioned Burley, Stoke and Bolton: 3 of the original 12 FL clubs. I suppose West Brom and Blackburn would fit your bill as lingering, stinking clubs too?

Truth is historic clubs based in struggling, unfashionable towns usually have limited financial capability that would let them compete with wealthier, big city clubs and this often leads to playing a more rudimentary style of football with unsexy players. 

For all the limited watchability of Dyche's Burnley over the past few years, there's something life-affirming about a club like Burnley competing well in the richest football league in the world. 

Bookies for next season. Almost like they are expecting us to be in the mix.

Manchester City 4/7

Liverpool 2/1

Chelsea 18/1

Manchester Utd 22/1

Tottenham 28/1

Arsenal 40/1

Newcastle 50/1

Leicester 100/1

West Ham 100/1

Aston Villa 250/1

Brighton 250/1

Everton 250/1

Wolves 250/1

Crystal Palace 500/1

Southampton 500/1

Brentford 750/1

Leeds 750/1

Fulham 1000/1

Bournemouth 1500/1

6 minutes ago, TomYam said:

You mentioned Burley, Stoke and Bolton: 3 of the original 12 FL clubs. I suppose West Brom and Blackburn would fit your bill as lingering, stinking clubs too?

Truth is historic clubs based in struggling, unfashionable towns usually have limited financial capability that would let them compete with wealthier, big city clubs and this often leads to playing a more rudimentary style of football with unsexy players. 

For all the limited watchability of Dyche's Burnley over the past few years, there's something life-affirming about a club like Burnley competing well in the richest football league in the world. 

That's heartwarming. 

*Flush*

16 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Life-affirming is a stretch.

21 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Fair point??

Hear you, and I agree, its probably about time though, and those clubs are the ones where perhaps the games are a grind, maybe dull, boring, but there are sides that have to find a way, be it, ugly or attractive, on the flip side, Leeds and Blackpool others have come and gone on the front foot, had a go, it either works or it doesn't. 

I think it was Burnley's time though. 

Edited by mighty__mag

I take great delight that the cheating, diving rat that is Ashley Barnes has another relegation on his cv.  The most odious footballer in the championship now 

43 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Bookies for next season. Almost like they are expecting us to be in the mix.

Manchester City 4/7

Liverpool 2/1

Chelsea 18/1

Manchester Utd 22/1

Tottenham 28/1

Arsenal 40/1

Newcastle 50/1

Leicester 100/1

West Ham 100/1

Aston Villa 250/1

Brighton 250/1

Everton 250/1