General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

48 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Leeds away now on BT Sport, 12.30ko

Might suite us as the home support for these slots less of a factor quite often.

Wished Spurs at home was a midweek or late weekend KO.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Annoying it’s another night match at Woodison so their crowd will be more involved. Feels like we hardly ever play them at the weekend.

Haven't played them there on a Saturday for almost 13 years. Had 2 Sundays since then though, the last of which was in early 2015. All others have been midweek or Monday nights.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Haven't played them there on a Saturday for almost 13 years. Had 2 Sundays since then though, the last of which was in early 2015. All others have been midweek or Monday nights.

Ben Arfa game then? That’s absolutely incredible. We play them disproportionately a lot at home midweek too based on my anecdotally poor memory.

It’s probably last season being a cloud but I’d much prefer a 3pm against them this season than another night game. Guess we’ll just have to hope that speccy lad isn’t about.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Ben Arfa game then? That’s absolutely incredible. We play them disproportionately a lot at home midweek too based on my anecdotally poor memory.

It’s probably last season being a cloud but I’d much prefer a 3pm against them this season than another night game. Guess we’ll just have to hope that speccy lad isn’t about.

I agree but I actually don't mind it this time around, I'm going with my brother and will be on the piss in Liverpool with my Everton mate from my undergrad uni from the early afternoon. :lol:

But aye, Ben Arfa game was the last time we played there on a Saturday.

2010-11: Saturday 3pm

2011-12: Sunday, last day of the season

2012-13: Monday night

2013-14: Monday night

2014-15: Sunday due to them being in the EL

2015-16: Tuesday night

2017-18: Monday night, was moved by Sky like 2 weeks before the game well after we sold out the allocation

2018-19: Tuesday night

2019-20: Tuesday night

2020-21: COVIDball, was Saturday 12:30pm for posterity

2021-22: Thursday night

2022-23: Thursday night

And at SJP for the sake of it.

2010-11: Saturday 3pm

2011-12: Saturday 12:30pm

2012-13: Wednesday night

2013-14: Wednesday night

2014-15: Sunday 4:15pm

2015-16: Boxing Day

2017-18: Wednesday night

2018-19: Saturday 3pm

2019-20: Saturday 3pm

2020-21: COVIDball but Sunday 2pm

2021-22: Tuesday night

2022-23: Wednesday night

I think it's because the PL pairs clubs that are close geographically on the fixture list for midweeks and Boxing Day, hence why our record on Boxing Day is fairly lifting as we've often got the Manchester clubs or the Liverpool clubs. Same with midweeks, but the last time we played Everton at Goodison Park in the daytime with fans allowed in the ground John Carver was in charge, our attacking 4 was Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Gouffran and Riviere and I was 14 ffs. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

:clap:exemplary and let’s hope hope you have as a good day and night as I did at the Ben Arfa game.

Been to 2 aways this season, 1-4 and 1-2 wins at Fulham and Forest so fingers crossed. Looking forward to the bewws for Gordon as much as the day itself. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Big River said:

Joelinton and Schär should be in there.

Joelinton is in the community one, didn't get an in form but has been consistent this season so he's in that. Agree on Schär, he's been better than Botman this season overall. 

Why's everyone still blind to Schär but rave about Botman at the same time? I honestly don't get it :lol: Literally every player in our back 5 getting plaudits except the most consistently excellent player.

Edited by Kid Icarus

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why's everyone still blind to Schär but rave about Botman at the same? I honestly don't get it :lol: Literally every player in our back 5 getting plaudits except the most consistently excellent player.

Probably because Brucey didn't rate him and you knar, you don't get to manage 1000 games without knowing what you're talking about, that's for sure.