General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We should implement something similar to Brighton, really.

Would stop people hoarding points - and I say this as someone who currently benefits.

To my knowledge, Brighton name must match the ticket, with random checks/away ground pick-ups enforcing it. Those found guilty lose some of their loyalty points, which I think is 10.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

We should implement something similar to Brighton, really.

Would stop people hoarding points - and I say this as someone who currently benefits.

To my knowledge, Brighton name must match the ticket, with random checks/away ground pick-ups enforcing it. Those found guilty lose some of their loyalty points, which I think is 10.

Disagree personally. Leicester do it as well; a random amount of away tickets are meant to be collected at the the ground's ticket office with matching ID and their fans despise it.

What if a couple days before you realise can't make it so you want to give the ticket to your son, brother or a mate and they go down, get checked and don't get let in? That's the issue for me. 

I genuinely don't know what the answer is tbh. People will kick off no matter what they do with the system. 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Disagree personally. Leicester do it as well; a random amount of away tickets are meant to be collected at the the ground's ticket office with matching ID and their fans despise it.

What if a couple days before you realise can't make it so you want to give the ticket to your son, brother or a mate and they go down, get checked and don't get let in? That's the issue for me. 

I genuinely don't know what the answer is tbh. People will kick off no matter what they do with the system. 

That's the thing, isn't it? There is never going to be a way to please all.

As @SteV said re: home tickets becoming digital, the policing of it will be lax, but the idea of it will be enough to deter people. I'd like to think they could do the same with away tickets. You'd see far more drop to 0-20, thus giving more hope to youngsters being able to build up points for finals/European aways 10/15 years in the future.

I say this as a Father who just wants my kids to have the chance to build up their points legitimately.  

EDIT: with regards to your second point, then there should be a facility (Ticket Exchange) to pass the ticket on, which it looks like may happen in the near future. You should lose the point of course.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

That's the thing, isn't it? There is never going to be a way to please all.

As @SteV said re: home tickets becoming digital, the policing of it will be lax, but the idea of it will be enough to deter people. I'd like to think they could do the same with away tickets. You'd see far more drop to 0-20, thus giving more hope to youngsters being able to build up points for finals/European aways 10/15 years in the future.

I say this as a Father who just wants my kids to have the chance to build up their points legitimately.  

EDIT: with regards to your second point, then there should be a facility (Ticket Exchange) to pass the ticket on, which it looks like may happen in the near future. You should lose the point of course.

I agree that young fans need the chance to go to away games because as things stand unless they are lucky enough to know people with points to get helped out like me, they're never going to an away game for the foreseeable. 

I think there's a while to go before home and away tickets are fully digital. Think every club in the league issues paper tickets for away ends, even if all of the home end is fully digital. Man Utd and Everton are two that I know of. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree that young fans need the chance to go to away games because as things stand unless they are lucky enough to know people with points to get helped out like me, they're never going to an away game for the foreseeable. 

I think there's a while to go before home and away tickets are fully digital. Think every club in the league issues paper tickets for away ends, even if all of the home end is fully digital. Man Utd and Everton are two that I know of. 

Aye I'm lucky enough to know somebody so can go to more or less any away that I want, but he's only been to 3 or 4 aways in about 5 years - he agrees it's a problem and he doesn't want the points. He has over 300 because it gets used every single away game (league and cup) throughout a season.

That is literally the only issue I have with points/away tickets. I think the system is as fair as can be, save for that. There needs to be something to stop that happening, but good luck to anybody coming up with the solution.

30 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t suppose anyone got a place on that club ticket workshop next Tuesday? I did apply but no luck in the ballot.

Haven’t been getting the invite emails but after they sent yesterday’s ticket update email they explained in it this is because I’ll of selected no Sales & marketing emails on my account which I think is a bit poor. Especially as they sent yesterdays email to me regardless. Wouldn’t class playing a part and giving opinions on future of the club in the same category as club shop offers ?

W

Just saw that Paddy Power have us 2nd favourites for the title next season, that's insane. 

Quite interesting comparing the difference between this time last year and now, although I can't remember who the 22/23 odds were with.

2223.thumb.png.316734821b7f55f059ed8c2f4c742bb5.png

2324.thumb.png.b3b6fe9479be1e8319930d76443fcd04.png

“Not long after, Mike Ashley bought the club, quickly becoming despised by just about everyone, which engendered sympathy and empathy: at some point, fans of every team have hated their owners. The Ashley era became a cause celebre, a 15-year slog to get the noble club of Milburn and Macdonald and Shearer away from the clutches of the Sports Direct magnate and his giant mugs.“

This is like something you turn a blind eye to when it’s submitted by a Year 8 child

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Leaving aside the awful writing, it’s just simply untrue that people liked us or felt sorry for us when Ashley was the owner.

We were nothing under Ashley. A team who other clubs when they looked at their next fixture and saw Newcastle, knew they'd have a great chance of winning with ease. Other than that, no-one liked or cared about us. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We were nothing under Ashley. A team who other clubs when they looked at their next fixture and saw Newcastle, knew they'd have a great chance of winning with ease. Other than that, no-one liked or cared about us. 

Spot on. Lost five in a row? Haven’t scored in 8 hours? Don’t worry you’ve got Newcastle at home next, so you’re guaranteed to get that particular monkey off your back.

Also, we may have had this second favourite / likeable tag for a little while under Keegan or SBR, but that's pure nonsense under Ashley.

Why would any neutral like a team that played like that, or appointed classless oafs like Bruce etc? More nonsense clickbait.

6 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just read that. Terrible, patronising article written by a terrible journalist who has clearly not watched us for more than 2 or 3 matches this season. The top comment is a great response. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, Hovagod said:

“Not long after, Mike Ashley bought the club, quickly becoming despised by just about everyone, which engendered sympathy and empathy: at some point, fans of every team have hated their owners. The Ashley era became a cause celebre, a 15-year slog to get the noble club of Milburn and Macdonald and Shearer away from the clutches of the Sports Direct magnate and his giant mugs.“

This is like something you turn a blind eye to when it’s submitted by a Year 8 child

:lol: Yes, Nick. We didn't once hear 'careful what you wish for/what more do you want/deluded Geordies thinking they deserve to win the Champions League every year/he's running it like a business'. The entire footballing world was pulling in one direction and that was to rid the universally beloved NUFC of the evil Mike Ashley. Then everyone clapped.

40 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Yes, Nick. We didn't once hear 'careful what you wish for/what more do you want/deluded Geordies thinking they deserve to win the Champions League every year/he's running it like a business'. The entire footballing world was pulling in one direction and that was to rid the universally beloved NUFC of the evil Mike Ashley. Then everyone clapped.

Lets not forget the "What do you expect Steve Bruce do when he's given players as useless as Joelinton, Longstaff and Schar to work with?" comments. 

I just think, if the big takeaway from this season is “people don’t like Newcastle anymore” I have to question your creativity.

I mean, sure, it’s not wrong, but what are we learning from that piece? Op-Ed’s should at least challenge us to think.

I’d prefer to read something about how supposed idiots have turned us around inside 18 months, or what the acceptance of PIF says of the league’s moral decline.