General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

NUFC.com dead?

The crest icon has gone on my bookmarks and it’s not loading. Flogged it to the club?

Edit: just seems an outage:

IMG_0026.thumb.png.77e5b5272cbf8906b370518ed9e73515.png

Edited by Nucasol

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

image.png.f13926616c71c661c2f1ca7dca244ee7.png

What kind of idiot members are voting for ID checks at away games. If you're a member and there are ID checks, you're never getting a fucking ticket because no cunt is going to sell you one. Idiots. 

Yeah I was happy for ID checks until I found out members have 0 chance of getting an away ticket.

Isak is ultra-competitive :lol: 

Gets absolutely stitched with the point on the what happened next between Gordon and Silva, mind.

On 20/05/2024 at 14:32, timeEd32 said:

Now that we've finished ahead of Man United / every club over the course of the PL ... are Spurs the only other club to do that without having won a title? I didn't check every season but I don't think Everton have ever finished ahead of Arsenal.

Aston Villa too. 

37 minutes ago, Sima said:

Isak is ultra-competitive :lol: 

Gets absolutely stitched with the point on the what happened next between Gordon and Silva, mind.

Love how angry he gets at it ?

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aston Villa too. 

I'm just realizing they also accomplished this for the first time this season. Or am I missing another time they finished head of Man United?

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm just realizing they also accomplished this for the first time this season. Or am I missing another time they finished head of Man United?

First time for them, too. 

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First time for them, too. 

Weren't they top deep into an early PL season only to fall apart or am I thinking of Norwich?

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Weren't they top deep into an early PL season only to fall apart or am I thinking of Norwich?

Them and Norwich finished 2nd and 3rd behind Man Utd in the first PL season.

Can’t remember them being top much that year though.

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

Them and Norwich finished 2nd and 3rd behind Man Utd in the first PL season.

Can’t remember them being top much that year though.

Might be stretching how long they were up there mind. Feel like Saunders/Atkinson had them flying at one stage. We were fucking young then mind ha

12 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Might be stretching how long they were up there mind. Feel like Saunders/Atkinson had them flying at one stage. We were fucking young then mind ha

Top after 36/42 games.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Top after 36/42 games.

Memory not as terrible as I thought ha. Cheers. On that subject OAP Cowan, McGrath and Daley were great those days

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Memory not as terrible as I thought ha. Cheers. On that subject OAP Cowan, McGrath and Daley were great those days

Better than mine.

Do remember Villa going to OT Staunton scoring an absolute screamer, like.

12 minutes ago, Sima said:

Better than mine.

Do remember Villa going to OT Staunton scoring an absolute screamer, like.

Rare occasion I went anywhere with our kid we saw villa win 3-1 in that disgusting striped kit at OT

Just once it'd be nice if being a Newcastle United fan wasn't such a f*cking drama, why can't Man City just play as well as they have in the last 35 odd games and Man Utd stay shit, bloody typical FA Cup outcome.

Thought I would check the cost of the 1995-96 squads (everyone 10+ appearances) NUFC vs MUFC. 

Their transfer fees totalled £17.28m for 16 players. 6 of the 16 came up through the youth teams. Only two players were bought in the previous two years (May and Cole). 

Our transfer fees totalled £34.1m for 16 players. 3 of the 16 came up through the youth teams. Ten of the players were bought in the previous two years (Asprilla and Batty mid way in 1996). 

We’ve heard/thought loads about what made the difference that season. Perhaps having a settled team who were used to playing together (not just the winning habit) was important too. 

Spoiler

IMG_8399.thumb.jpeg.3a1e8f07a2f63d92f7792be1237302c5.jpeg
IMG_8400.thumb.jpeg.7a840608d55c7388f8f31fae676ad5d3.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny