General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

4 minutes ago, NSG said:

Club doing a ballot supporters event now. Attendance chosen by ballot.

I know people, understandably, have reservations as to whether these events are just tick box exercises, but if no-one bothers then there’s even less chance of any positive changes.

Sure @bobbydazzla would be keen to offer them his views on the ballot system…

Ballot Working Group Supporter Event

Newcastle United are committed to working alongside fans to improve the ticketing experience for all our matchday attendees. After direct consultation with over 600 supporters on areas of fan interest at our recent We Are United event, we are pleased to announce the first supporter workshop on the ballot process.

The primary focus of the workshop is to help shape further enhancements that reflect the needs of supporters. It will allow fans to deliver feedback and propose ideas for the consideration of our Fan Advisory Board and the Club at large as we move forward in creating strategic dialogue between supporters and the Club’s key decision makers.

To enable discussion between a wide range of fans, there are both in-person and online spaces available; you will have the option to select your preferred mode of attendance when completing the availability form. Should the event be oversubscribed, attendance will be allocated via a ballot system.

Please click the link below to register your interest in attending this event no later than 12pm (UK time) on 13 February 2024.

Attendees will be notified if they have been successful by 4pm on 14 February 2024 (UK time).

Please be aware that this event is invitation only, for supporters aged over 18. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

I know people, understandably, have reservations as to whether these events are just tick box exercises, but if no-one bothers then there’s even less chance of any positive changes.

Sure @bobbydazzla would be keen to offer them his views on the ballot system…

Indeedly doodly, have lobbed an application in 

Will be dusting off all my best and favourite swearwords ready for when when they ask me what I think of the ballot / allocated seating

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Controversial but I’d probably prefer we bin it. Only problem is what would you have in its place…

Along with the rest of the ground, aye? :laugh:

23 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Controversial but I’d probably prefer we bin it. Only problem is what would you have in its place…

I’d suggest that’s quite a significant problem… 😂

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Along with the rest of the ground, aye? :laugh:

51 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’d suggest that’s quite a significant problem… 😂

Was referring to Going Home… 🎶 in case it wasn’t clear 😆 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

DJ otzi - hey baby, of course

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Was referring to Going Home… 🎶 in case it wasn’t clear 😆 

Ah, I thought you meant the ballot! 

Although, what to replace it with is probably just as controversial!

On 20/01/2024 at 15:13, HaydnNUFC said:

Got a few full matches I found on YouTube that I've saved in a Google doc, mainly for when I make match threads. Only a handful as I use highlights mainly.

1993-94 

Reveal hidden contents

Wimbledon (h)

QPR (a)

Oldham (h)

Arsenal (h)

1995-96 

Hide contents

Wimbledon (h)

Wimbledon (a)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a) (FA Cup)

Coventry (a)

West Ham (h)

None from 1994-95 or 1996-97 outside of highlights. Your best bet is probably Footballia, they have a few I think.

Been watching a few of these again over the last week or so. Was honestly laughing nearly non-stop watching the West Ham one. People talk about teams dominating games these days and generally they mean controlling possession, winning battles, making your moments count etc, but watching us in that West Ham match you can see that we were a one off, there was no controlling possession or anything like that, it was 90 minutes of relentless attack after attack without ever stopping for a moment to control things, it's insane. Within 2 minutes Phillipe Albert is attempting a scissor kick on the edge of their area. :lol: By the end, these are the stats:

image.thumb.png.236eec27c3a5a032c77d02d23290d0eb.png

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Been watching a few of these again over the last week or so. Was honestly laughing nearly non-stop watching the West Ham one. People talk about teams dominating games these days and generally they mean controlling possession, winning battles, making your moments count etc, but watching us in that West Ham match you can see that we were a one off, there was no controlling possession or anything like that, it was 90 minutes of relentless attack after attack without ever stopping for a moment to control things, it's insane. Within 2 minutes Phillipe Albert is attempting a scissor kick on the edge of their area. :lol: By the end, these are the stats:

Watched that whole match with me fatha last year. Just relentless, attack after attack. That it was only 3 is a joke. :lol: Also fewmin at that incorrectly disallowed Ferdinand goal.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pretty shite result when you factor in the XG to goals ratio. 

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Remember being there and was absolutely mental game. They spent more time kicking us than the ball, two great goals and totally battered them.

Their keeper (Les Sealey) was legit exhausted at the end.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sure it was the Monday night after that Cantona and Schmeichel Monday night?

13 minutes ago, Paully said:

Sure it was the Monday night after that Cantona and Schmeichel Monday night?

Think there was a frustrating fortnight or more delay before we could get it out of our system through the FA Cup/internationals. Poor West Ham faced all that wrath.  Tino's assists and goal are sublime.

re Hayden's post in KI's above:None from 1994-95 or 1996-97 outside of highlights. Your best bet is probably Footballia, they have a few I think.

is someone looking for full games of ours or from Italy for those two seasons? I've got quite a few from each category

Edited by Jonas