Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

15 minutes ago, danny said:

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked are they?

I’d say 10, because Berrada tapping up people when he himself was on gardening leave using an INEOS email address seems pretty slam dunk.

6 hours ago, OverThere said:

Compared to Lee "thumbheed" Charnley he probably did seem like a magician 

I’m starting to think the opposite way about Lee Charnley, his fault seems to be that he’s like a civil servant, job for life.. don’t take risks etc.. but he effectively ran a massive football club on fumes.

Give the lad a bit of ambition and I’d say he’s a far more savvy operator than Dan Ashworth (at what he does) which was financial controller.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, christ said:

I’d say 10, because Berrada tapping up people when he himself was on gardening leave using an INEOS email address seems pretty slam dunk.

And the leaking of confidential information by Ashworth to try and undermine NUFC’s case for compensation is also on the wrong side of the shady line. We know these things go on but if you’re loose enough to get caught you live with the consequences and pay up. 

It’s pure Phillipe Albertttttttttttt watching this play out.

Edited by Nucasol

18 minutes ago, danny said:

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked are they?

Even assuming the reports are all true, I've got no idea what the potential punishment or ramifications would be. 

Obviously it weakens their hand with regards to the arbitration so that could be an issue financially. 

The article also seems to suggest they could have broken the PLs rules but I don't know what the punishment would be for that if we and/or Man City and/or Brighton decided to pursue it.

I also have no idea what the legal position is. Could we claim damages? Could we prove some sort of financial loss? What about Man City and Berrada?

Can anyone think of a similar case in recent PL history?

Also the Berrada thing is bad vibes. Fancy being on gardening leave and having an email address for the company owned by the minority owner of your future employer who is the person in charge of footballing ops. Ratcliffe will give it the “this happens all the time in business shit” but football isn’t like other businesses, certainly not a chemicals company.

It’s just pure boneheaded and if I’m City I’m seeking extra compo for what Berrada has cost them in gardening leave pay and not paying the remainder. I’d also be taking legal action as NUFC for leaking commercially sensitive confidential information to a competitor.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

Hunter S Thompson knew.

I'd say they really need an undisclosed settlement in the next week to make this go away from our side, and privately apologise to citeh or they'll end up in court several times over, forced to pay large sums of money to 3 clubs and Ashworth career in ruins, and he may even be liable at this point. 

It's a glorious mess caused by Ratcliffe thinking he can swing the lead in public. It's only going to get worse as he'll double down on his behaviour as he's been unchecked for decades, he doesn't understand any other way.

Glorious. Another nail in the manure coffin, and perfect preparation for their cup tie at the weekend. 

I think in relation to the Ashworth thing - it definitely puts the ball even more firmly in our court in regards to the compo. 

He’s also freely broken the terms of his confidentiality agreement with us and Brighton to try and force a move. We can definitely sue for damages as it’s trying to drive the amount of compo down.

Far more serious for Man U though is Berrada operating with an INEOS email because it shows intent and blatant disregard for the terms of his gardening leave. I hope City run with this.

2 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Manchester United’s new minority shareholder, was critical of Newcastle’s stance in February. He said then: “I think it’s a bit silly, personally. What I do think is completely absurd is suggesting a man who is really good at his job sits in his garden for 1½ years.”

Whats absurd is offering less than what we paid for him when he’s apparently ‘top in class’ ya scruffy wank

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Nothing will even happen, we need to get a new director in place, settle this and move on.

Just feel it’s becoming a saga now.

Aye, a saga for them. We’re just getting on and doing our business while they blow themselves up 

Honestly if we get £10m to put towards FFP and this saga is over, it's a win for everyone. Feels like it's just dragging and dragging

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Honestly if we get £10m to put towards FFP and this saga is over, it's a win for everyone. Feels like it's just dragging and dragging

I'm surprised by these takes. None of this is interfering with us bringing someone new in. We couldn't care less about Dan at this point other than squeezing as much money out of it as possible, it's not going to affect us in any way in terms of our own plans

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I honestly think we're probably thinking the same.

Give us our money, everyone can move on. I don't think we would pursue any additional action if that's what happened. 

Ashworth has already sullied his reputation and potentially damaged the relationship between him, Man Utd and Berrada. We don't need to waste the energy going further once we get our compensation. 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I'm surprised by these takes. None of this is interfering with us bringing someone new in. We couldn't care less about Dan at this point other than squeezing as much money out of it as possible, it's not going to affect us in any way in terms of our own plans

Exactly this the longer it goes on the more it’ll disrupt their summer while we appoint someone new and get on with things 

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Apart from he's a gobshite who can't stop yapping. I'd be concerned what he's told them about our club/clauses.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Nothing will even happen, we need to get a new director in place, settle this and move on.

Just feel its becoming a saga now.

You cant just break the rules and move on. Whats the point then?

Edited by nufc123

38 minutes ago, danny said:

I want them broken up and reform in the confrence as manchester fc :bluestar:

Why should they be parachuted that high up ?