Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

In the brief window he worked for us Ashworth managed to sign a gambling addict who was subsequently given a ten month ban, tried and failed to agree a new contract with Bruno (until the higher ups intervened), tried and failed to agree a new contract with Joelinton (until the higher ups intervened), and then rounded it all off by letting the club know he was being tapped up because he was apparently oblivious to our IT policy.

I trust this ‘hub and spoke’ model of management he loves is probably pretty effective when the right people are involved. However, when you couple all of this stuff with his very dodgy handling of the Mark Sampson case when he was at the FA he comes across as a bit of a boob.

Tony Bloom’s big spreadsheet football wonderkids has a lot to answer for.

Speaking to another club about a potential job opportunity is fair enough.

Speaking to someone you know shouldn't be working for another club about that job and [if true] passing over confidential information is, to use a technical legal term, well dodge.

Should really end his career, might be he's paying legal costs for some time. Instead of going for manure for £20m, let's go at him, unless manure can save his skin this week and pay up.

Kinda disappointed that we fell for this cunt in the first place. 

If I’m Man Utd, I’d probably start doubting whether he is actually the guy they want. Bloke’s head gets turned at the sniff of interest. Now he seems incompetent enough to not know how bloody emails work. 

Maybe the change their mind. Maybe everybody in football finally sees what a little weasel Ashworth is. His career might be over. 

Posted (edited)

Think they’ve twigged on RC now that at best Berrada is in trouble and that we actually are allowed to view Dan’s work emails. They’re not happy.

Edited by Joelinton7

Kept quiet for a week or so on this but from a very well informed source our chairman was less than impressed with Ashworth’s behaviour. His stance was there were two outcomes; Man U pay what we want or we are happy to pay his wages until his contract expires 

1 minute ago, LordJake said:

Kept quiet for a week or so on this but from a very well informed source our chairman was less than impressed with Ashworth’s behaviour. His stance was there were two outcomes; Man U pay what we want or we are happy to pay his wages until his contract expires 

Oh aye?

2 minutes ago, LordJake said:

IMG_2419.gif.e8ff6afb29b2de2e3378dbf22da6da71.gif

3 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Any other ITK nuggets you want to share?

This whole story is hilarious and seems like it can only help us, but the part that is most fun to think about imo is: Who’s fed this to Hope now, and why?

What a start to the Ratcliff tenure. My God [emoji38]

I imagine this all got uncovered as we started digging deeper into things in preparation for the arbitration case they raised?

This is too good man. Just too good ;D

Toxic little cunt. Would love this to fuck up his move to them bastards.

Genuinely hate the cunt as much as Michael Owen. 

1 minute ago, Skjaere9 said:

This whole story is hilarious and seems like it can only help us, but the part that is most fun to think about imo is: Who’s fed this to Hope now, and why?

Probably leaked it to let Man Utd know that we know. And we've got them all ends up if it goes to arbitration.

And so they can save us both some time  and deposit the £20 million pronto.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Probably leaked it to let Man Utd know that we know. And we've got them all ends up if it goes to arbitration.

And so they can save us both some time  and deposit the £20 million pronto.

That’s exactly what I think too. One last push to get the full amount before June 30 to give us FFP headroom immediately, yeah?

Is this really going to arbitration anyways? Thought that was just a dumb twitter rumour. The terms should be on the contract? We could ask for 2 billion if we wanted to keep him on gardening leave for the full duration, no?

2 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Is this really going to arbitration anyways? Thought that was just a dumb twitter rumour. The terms should be on the contract? We could ask for 2 billion if we wanted to keep him on gardening leave for the full duration, no?

I don’t think David Ornstein deals in dumb Twitter rumours 

Ratcliffe hasn't got a scooby on how to run a football club. He's massively out of his depth.

Sure @Froggy will tell us otherwise, may even keep a straight face whilst doing so. 

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I don’t think David Ornstein deals in dumb Twitter rumours 

Didnt see his tweet, but just feels like such a waste of time. Did he state what it was for? Interpretation of the wording in the contract? 

Seems quite obvious now that he’s an idiot but clever enough to phrase his job description dumb enough so that football people get it.

That whole centre of the wheel rubbish is just a way of saying he takes credit for other people’s work.

Total weasel and his reputation is in tatters.

I don’t even care about the compo at this point, he’s not going to improve Man Utd. He’ll just be privy to information that could damage us if others know our plans.. which he’s probably disclosed already.

1 hour ago, OCK said:

I know I do all of illegal activties through Work Email since it can't be looked at by anyone 

Low hanging but made me laugh more than it should.