Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

3 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

100% at last somebody gets it on here, to get to the top in football you will be hated by Man Utd, Liverpool n Arsenal and the gutter press in this country, good luck to you cnuts   :)

You can say cunts on here🤣

If Man U can get Berrada from City they’ll be confident of getting Ashworth. Sounds like we’ll know one way or another fairly soon which is probably best for everyone really. Mental that he could be on another full paid gardening leave soonish. 

Just now, duo said:

Just say 'No'..simple as he clearly is under contract 

Surely it comes down to if he wants to go. If he says no then great, if he he wants to leave, fine but then drive a really hard bargain. No point in keeping him if his head is turned. 

If he goes we’ll sign a new one and keep moving forward. People need to fucking relax, man. This happens in football.  See Pep’s comments about their guy leaving for Man United. Have some pride or backbone.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If he goes we’ll sign a new one and keep moving forward. People need to fucking relax, man. This happens in football.  See Pep’s comments about their guy leaving for Man United. Have some pride or backbone.

Tbh I don't think anyone really cares. We've not seen the fruit of his labour just yet.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbh I don't think anyone really cares. We've not seen the fruit of his labour just yet.

Absolutely, I couldn’t care less if he leaves, my concern is who replaces him if we get an upgrade it’s a fantastic piece of business for us. It will be interesting to see if the owners outsource the job of finding the replacement again. 

Man U obviously want for a reason and we recruited him for a reason. The club are in the driving seat here regardless of whether he would be interested in going. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Look at tbd previous page and comments to articles online and social media. We’ve got a solid active base of fans who freak at this sort of stuff. I’m glad he set up our foundation of a proper club and cleaned up the mess. If he goes then the next man up. 

Edited by Kanji

He’ll probably go, and it’s understandable why he would.. unfortunately he’s exactly what Man United have needed for years.

We would at least replace him well though.

Obviously you can’t keep someone in a job they don’t want to be in but are there no safeguards for us with regards to him joining a rival? Ashworth is at the centre of many multimillion pound deals here in the past and future, knows all our inner workings and plans going forward but he’s allowed to stick two fingers up at us and take it all to Man Utd?