Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Really couldn’t care less, when he arrived the main thing I wanted was for him to be a Brighton style bargain generator, and he was not that. Who knows what, if anything, he’s actually done behind the scenes.

Hopefully we made a profit and can find a replacement that is committed to the job rather than a job hopper.

Just now, wormy said:

Ugh. I think the worst thing is the Man U fans stroking themselves silly over being 'back' in the comments. 

I despise them. Think they’re in for a shock once they realise that Ratcliffe is a the Glazer’s puppet. Wish nothing but bad luck on Ashworth too, for what it’s worth. 

Does he have a deputy at Newcastle?

I know at Brighton he had David Weir and that made the transition to him leaving seamless by the looks of it. Not sure if a deputy was ever hired for us?

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Really couldn’t care less, when he arrived the main thing I wanted was for him to be a Brighton style bargain generator, and he was not that. Who knows what, if anything, he’s actually done behind the scenes.

Hopefully we made a profit and can find a replacement that is committed to the job rather than a job hopper.

This is is right, what has he actually done?

Nickson and Howe identified our targets. I dont really feel anything we have done is particularly special, our summer recruitment has been fairly poor, or ability to move players on has been poor.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

This is is right, what has he actually done?

Nickson and Howe identified our targets. I dont really feel anything we have done is particularly special, our summer recruitment has been fairly poor, or ability to move players on has been poor.

Read the Athletic piece from earlier today by Chris Waugh, detailed what he’s been doing for us. Also a couple of pages back in here 

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Or that his methods have been a failure, or that he'd ever signed a player for us from Bournemouth. :lol:

On Loaded last night one of them said he was 'obsessed with Bournemouth players' - again a weird description for someone who's yet to sign a player from Bournemouth. 

He worked with him for 9 years before he came to us :lol:

People are obsessed with finding 'an angle' because he lost a few games during the worst injury crisis I've seen from us. 

Cannot make subs

Plays Dan Burn because he's his mate

Brought his nephew in as a favour to his sibling

Bringing in the Bournemouth DOF as a job for the boys

Hates Lewis Hall

Tactically inept, cannot see the gap between defence and midfield

"I'd have brought on Ben Parkinson"

Etc

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Does he have a deputy at Newcastle?

I know at Brighton he had David Weir and that made the transition to him leaving seamless by the looks of it. Not sure if a deputy was ever hired for us?

Hope is saying he was never handed the keys, and was outside of Howes inner circle.

Surely Ashworth is Howes boss?

If he is 'out of work' for a year, how much work has he done since leaving Brighton?

Didn't he have a good few months he couldn't work when leaving them too? :lol:

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Hope is saying he was never handed the keys, and was outside of Howes inner circle.

Surely Ashworth is Howes boss?

Hope being the harbinger of doom is nothing new. Was a particular grim read that article though

Tbh we're all still unsure of his actual worth. He himself says he's the middle of the wheel with all the spokes going to different departments and he merely links departments together. Nickson's our scout, Howe's our manager/coach, Ashworth sounds more like a facilitator than a director, then together they agree on who to sign.

Edited by Kid Icarus