Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

54 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Exactly this. £20m is a pittance when you consider how much they and the media are crowing about nabbing him from us. Double it to £40m and we are talking….and he still can’t start working for them till 2nd September.

100% - time for NUFC to flex some muscle and show we won't be pushed around.  Dan clearly is key to their plans - why should we help them?  I hope we force them to wait it out to 2026.

14 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5997.thumb.jpeg.d8aef73f1a9138ce3e1b9e30c886f675.jpeg

IMG_5998.thumb.jpeg.9e04ce8ebff049e200fa6400d529802f.jpeg

February 15th: Ashworth is great, he has details of every player in his laptop.

February 18th: Ashworth’s computer and scouting access is blocked.

Alright Henry chill out mate, he ok'd the signing of a lad with a gambling problem and a young left back who can't get in the team.

Meticulous my arse.

13 minutes ago, duo said:

According to the mail Newcastle will still have to pay his wages when on gardening leaving - so he's nought to loose.

Don’t get me wrong being able to get paid for doing fuck all is my dream but I suspect for him it isn’t albeit evidence suggests otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Alright Henry chill out mate, he ok'd the signing of a lad with a gambling problem and a young left back who can't get in the team.

Meticulous my arse.

Absolutely spot on.

Detailed my arse.

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

"He knows their strengths and weaknesses"[emoji38]

Winter is such a weird bloke

Honestly, as someone who works in sports media, this is such bog standard language when journos are looking to fill word counts [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Don’t get me wrong being able to get paid for doing fuck all is my dream but I suspect for him it isn’t albeit evidence suggests otherwise.

I dunno - FA, Brighton and now likely us all ended with extended periods of gardening leave.  

Whilst i'm sure he isn't a chancer who seeks it out, he probably doesn't mind the paid break to recharge either.

Think this will actually go quiet for a little while now. Early reports suggest Man U don't want to pay a daft sum and are happy to be patient. Even if they pay 20m I'm sure one of the pieces I have ready tonight said we wouldn't sanction him starting till after the Summer anyway. Think they will make an attempt in September to see if we have softened out stance.

Must have gotten assurances from Man Utd that they will pay up regarding compensation to us. Guys like him wont risk being out of work for a couple of years, they live for that shit.

£20m sounds a little unreasable tbh, my guess is it will be sorted rather quickly for around £10-15m.

Club being ruthless here but that’s exactly how they should in situations like this.

If we don’t get a ridiculous amount for him, it’s probably worth more to us to have him on the gardening leave for 2 years.

Why strengthen a rival?

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Club being ruthless here but that’s exactly how they should in situations like this.

If we don’t get a ridiculous amount for him, it’s probably worth more to us to have him on the gardening leave for 2 years.

Why strengthen a rival?

What do you call a ridiculous amount ?

I don't really get the gardening leave thing, because I assume it only benefits us if he's unable to discuss our transfer targets.

It won't be hard for him to tell Man U our targets, we can't stop him speaking to people at the club.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I don't really get the gardening leave thing, because I assume it only benefits us if he's unable to discuss our transfer targets.

It won't be hard for him to tell Man U our targets, we can't stop him speaking to people at the club.

What don’t you get? He’s still under contract with us. 

5 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

We're hamstrung by FFP. Man Utd aren't. Let that trickle down shit start trickling.

That's the galling pervasive vibe for me.

These c*nts have tied our hands behind our back and they're now pick pocketing us (as they did with the bloke from City).

On 08/06/2022 at 09:14, Happinesstan said:

He does remind me a little bit of Dennis Wise, with a brain.

Seems you were onto something

Edited by duo

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

If he is spotted in the same county as a Manchester United employee the club will be the blower to both the Premier League and the lawyers.

Just like any other corporate gardening leave case, all three parties will be very diligent.  Obviously significantly higher stakes being Google/Uber and was absolutely blatant, but the Anthony Levandowski case is an extreme example of how that sort of stuff can escalate.  Scouting knowledge and team processes are IP as well.

Just now, Deuce said:

Maaan people are gonna be mad when an Ashworth-led ManU trigger a hidden release clause in Bruno’s contract :lol: 

you would hope that only applies to clubs overseas i.e RM