Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

15 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

A thinly veiled banner about loyalty and commitment to our cause wouldnt go amiss at the next home game...full 20 months in the cabbage patch is a great option for such as these. He needs a clear message in black and white

He doesn't deserve the attention tbh.

1 hour ago, Pandamninator said:

My concern with Mitchell is he does seem to not last very long in any job, dating back to Southampton.

I can understand the Spurs mess - has anyone in a Manager or Director role not fallen out with that twat Levy? But he burnt out fairly quickly at both Leipzig and Monaco. 

Edwards would be a dream, but he seems content building his own consultancy without any of the stress of being directly involved with running a club.

Edwards may be tempted. Only the owners and the senior management which included Ashworth will know the full scale of the plans.. 

57 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Good 

Sounds like a grown up conversation might be required with the government 

Scrounge Rat: “I’ve collected all these coupons, look this one’s £5 off your next haircut, and this one’s buy one get one free on baked beans. I’ve got hundreds of these. Any normal business person would happily take these in favour of cash.”

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Sounds like a grown up conversation might be required with the government 

Scrounge Rat: “I’ve collected all these coupons, look this one’s £5 off your next haircut, and this one’s buy one get one free on baked beans. I’ve got hundreds of these. Any normal business person would happily take these in favour of cash.”

“P.s - I haven’t paid any tax for years to protect my billions and intentionally placed jobs offshore rather than in the U.K. but fix us up mate”. 

8 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Has Gary Neville said anything about this yet? Being so anti-Glazer, I'd wonder if he would be ok if anyone else was trying to fuck with taxayers to fund a stadium in the North had it not been Man Utd?

Not yet but Radcliffe has invited him on to the discussion board for the regeneration project so you’ll think he’ll have a say at some point.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not yet but Radcliffe has invited him on to the discussion board for the regeneration project so you’ll think he’ll have a say at some point.

No vested interest via Hotel Football or his club allegiance natch.

Ratcliffe looks entertaining tbh if this interview is anything to go by. Hopefully seeing him get all rattled about not getting his way becomes a regular thing.

9 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Edwards may be tempted. Only the owners and the senior management which included Ashworth will know the full scale of the plans.. 

We should employ Edwards and one other, and they could take it in turns to do the job every few months. Keep people on their toes.

Just been on Talksport that we've proposed a deal to Chemical Jim Twatcliffe

£15m cash in used £20's and Ashworth can join Man Utd as soon as he finished single-handedly moving Leazers Terrace to Beamish, brick by brick

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Pretty evident that there's been a clash there of sorts, given Eddie wouldn't even say one or two nice words about the job Ashworth has done since arriving.

I get more certain by the day the club have wanted rid for a while. Probably the Ratcliffe thing has been a behind the scenes thing longer than the 4-5months the public have know about it and he's been in talks from the very beginning and we've got wind. I'd laugh if thsts why he feels cut out and doesn't have as much control as he thought he'd have and we've been a step ahead all this time. 

Aye, you don’t want people in these positions who chop and change every couple of years. I’m sure it’ll be emphasised to whoever the new person is that this is a long term project and therefore a long term role. 

36 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Pretty evident that there's been a clash there of sorts, given Eddie wouldn't even say one or two nice words about the job Ashworth has done since arriving.

Could be aye. I read it mainly as Eddie thinking extremely poorly of Ashworth because of this saga rather than because of his day-to-day performance as our Sporting Director. 

Clear that he's extremely unimpressed either way. 

39 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Of course there’s been a clash, he’s fucked wuh. Comes in, says he’s a project builder, says he’s gonna’ be here 5-6 years at least, couldn’t pass up the opportunity and all that bollocks, then he fucks off (behind our back no less because still no official approach has been made) to his tax dodging mates’ batshit crazy “club of the North”. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Didn’t Mark Douglas writing in isport say that there was interest in the DoF role by people who had lots of UCL experience? Or did I dream it😬

Edited by FloydianMag