Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Maybe the treacherous little weasel should read those multimillion pound contracts before he signs them?

His reputation must be diminishing by the day, which is nice.

So glad I never took to him. Haircut was too smarmy for my liking.

Shown his worth. This isn't going to end well for him or manu. 

Fucking arbitration man 

Daft cunt signed a contract that paid him shiteloads of money a year and now he’ll attempt to say NUFC are unfair for adhering to the protection that was built into that contract should he decide to be a snakey cunt and join a direct competitor 

Aye right

Fuck right off you absolute daft cunt, you’ll keep deadheading your fucking dahlias till we say you can stop 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Yikes, blessing in disguise this guy leaving. Clearly a brilliant guy, but this man's character is seriously lacking.

Very very revealing this whole thing. Between this guy and what we've seen from Ratcliffe, I am very interested to see how things transpire at Man Utd.

I don't  think things are going to go smoothly.

There’s no chance things work out at Man U. The glazers still majority own the club, Ratcliffe is an arrogant idiot who absolutely hates putting his hands in his pockets. Ashworth has zero integrity. Their club has numerous players who are toxic and potential PR disasters. Their manager is shite and even if they bring in someone good it all gets fucked from the top 

I have to say like, if we lost, then it would likely be used as starting point for scrapping transfer fees for players. We would just have clubs going, nah we are not paying, see you in court, or getting the players to do so and funding them.

How fucked up are you (Ca$hworth) if he thinks he can dictate and intervene the buy-out price we demanded?

I’m sure Manure will win this because the whole system is rigged and corrupt anyway. 

Nah, they’re not winning shit unless they take the whole financial system

apart. If they did that then it’s just absolute carnage. Everything is based

on contractual agreements, did Mbappe get out of his contract and go to Real Madrid last season? No he didn’t. You are bound by the terms of your contract. If you want to talk about “fair market value” for Ashworth then an offer of £2m or maximum of £5m is laughable. They’re only applying this sort of pressure because they’re desperate as fuck. King Rat, Juicer and Gardener Dan sitting together in 2025 is going to make me vomit 

The whole thing stinks:

The public courting, tapping up before making it official.

Ashworth signalling his desire to leave for Man Utd - still no formal approach.

The lowball offer below the price we paid to get him here.

The bitching and moaning to the press.

The gaslighting by media and fans alike (know your place minnows).

And now the feckless midget wants to take us to arbitration because we won't let him skip along to the merry tune of Ineos.

I hope we double down and drag this whole calamitous horror show to a bitter and lengthy conclusion.

No longer care. Just want to make it as difficult as humanly possible for Ratcliffe and ManU. They will be big Jim's main interest if what I've heard of ineos is true

Man Utd are panicking. Clearly don't feel confident in going forward with key decisions without Ashworth.

This is perfect. Let them keep spitting feathers. Seem to be in a bit of a mess over there.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Man Utd are panicking. Clearly don't feel confident in going forward with key decisions without Ashworth.

This is perfect. Let them keep spitting feathers. Seem to be in a bit of a mess over there.

They're not panicking....they're spitting the dummy out because they've been told 'no' for once and hadn't planned for it. Now they'll try every slimy loop hole to get what they're after. Hopefully our lawyers are better as that's the only way this is going to end. It won't be amicable, and no-one will be happy with the outcome.

Therefore i can see us ending up with man u paying what we paid Brighton for him, but him having to sit out his contract with us. 

We're not happy as having to pay someone for doing nowt and having to find a replacement 

ManU not happy as paying for someone who can't do anything for 18 months 

DA himself not happy at being totally out of the loop on GL

'Football people' being pr***s means there's no winners here 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

find it odd we won't get more than 5m for a guy we reportedly paid 6m for

I love how during things like this there are people talking about burning bridges, the relationship between the clubs turning sour...in a multi-billion pound industry that's entire reason for being is competition, on and off the field. 

We weren't mates when we wanted Lingard and there was a daft take-it-or-leave-it loan fee for him, and we're not now.

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

We're not happy as having to pay someone for doing nowt and having to find a replacement 

ManU not happy as paying for someone who can't do anything for 18 months 

DA himself not happy at being totally out of the loop on GL

'Football people' being pr***s means there's no winners here 

I doubt our owners give a damn about paying Ashworth to do nothing. It's peanuts to them.

27 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

I doubt our owners give a damn about paying Ashworth to do nothing. It's peanuts to them.

I guess they may well give a damn as by every report going were effectively skint without breaking the rules

Any lawyers on here? If the arbitration process is voluntary, I’m guessing we can just drag this out legally and keep him in place until his leave ends. Legal proceeding aren’t exactly quick; City can testify to this.