Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I wonder if Howe had to confirm the Bruno story because Ashworth would have released the information this weekend ? He has a real Dominic Cummings vibe about him the snake

1 hour ago, Checko said:

I don't particularly care about Ashworth leaving, he's entitled to leave and go to a job he'd prefer if he wants, like most of us will have done at some point.

It does feel like Man U are low-balling on the fee if the reports of £2milion offers are true. I mean, they can low-ball in negotiations if they want, but it's pretty unreasonable of them to get pissy about us publicly at the same time.

Given we'd paid £4/5 million for him a couple of years ago (I've seen varying figures) using that amount as a starting point seem reasonable. Then you've perhaps got additional compensation payments for things like - money we're having to pay him to tend his garden. Essentially compensating for the money we invested in him [not for wages spend when he actually did some work].

Then there's more intangible amounts like compensation for the disruption to our business due to him leaving, and also for an employee with detailed knowledge of our business strategy joining a direct rival. That's one of the big reason behind the existance of gardening leave after all.

Anyway, don't know exactly how I'd calculate it exactly but I'd make the sum as something like...

Reveal hidden contents

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

That's the sticking point really. He isn't entitled to do that. At least not a comparable job with a business rival.

If he wanted to go shelf stack at the local supermarket I'm sure we'd let him but he'd still be subject to the not working for our rivals clause.

2 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Now we've got our own media gaslighting us

Likely some Manc twat in Reach's sports hub probably wrote the tweet, several people including me called them out on it and now the tweets been deleted ;D

8 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Likely some Manc twat in Reach's sports hub probably wrote the tweet, several people including me called them out on it and now the tweets been deleted ;D

At the very least it was ill thought click bait, I saw the backlash was brewing, I even quote tweeted it myself. 

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

We won’t! Hope the public tapping up is taken into consideration.

And the fact that Ratboy has publicly said he's the best there is. Would love it if we use that clip of him saying that and saying if you want the best you have to fucking pay for it. 

1 hour ago, Cf said:

That's the sticking point really. He isn't entitled to do that. At least not a comparable job with a business rival.

If he wanted to go shelf stack at the local supermarket I'm sure we'd let him but he'd still be subject to the not working for our rivals clause.

What I mean was he is, but only within the terms of his contract i.e. after his gardening leave

Imagine offering 2m and expecting us to just roll over like good boys 🤣🤣.

Under Ashley would have.. different beasts in charge now jimmy boy 

For all his faults I doubt Ashley would just roll over, tbh. He wouldn’t reinvest that money back in to the club, but he wouldn’t have rolled over.

Edited by Rafalove

16 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

For all his faults I doubt Ashley would just roll over, tbh. He wouldn’t reinvest that money back in to the club, but he wouldn’t have rolled over.

Based on the takeover we know that whatever he wanted he would fight tooth and nail for it. Unfortunately during his ownership the best interests of the club was barely ever something the thought was worth fighting for

I think once we've a replacement in some deal will be struck. Love the fact we hold all the cards though - the only thing an arbitration can do is help agree on a fair amount of compensation. As he's under contract the club is totally within it's right not to let him break it.

Edited by duo

Rat can say whatever he wants. He clearly loves running his mouth. Not sure a single thing he’s said so far has helped Man U

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Rat can say whatever he wants. He clearly loves running his mouth. Not sure a single thing he’s said so far has helped Man U

He’s a good distraction for the Glazers though, which is his main purpose. 

11 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He’s a good distraction for the Glazers though, which is his main purpose. 

This and scapegoat/hate target when it unravels 

:tobey:

Posted (edited)

Sideshow Jim. Glazers must be creasing he's paid top whack for a minor stake and major responsibility.

Edited by Dokko

Glazer’s played a blinder with this. If it goes well they cream it in and if it goes tits up. He’s the fall guy and he paid for the privilege. Fair play tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Glazer’s played a blinder with this. If it goes well they cream it in and if it goes tits up. He’s the fall guy and he paid for the privilege. Fair play tbh. 

Paid ALOT for the privilege.

6 hours ago, Likelylad said:

In what world would this be the case? :lol: