Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I wonder if the football world will have changed much when he puts his bait up and goes to work in January 2026

Gotta love it, like. Refers to Ashworth as a 'World Class' Sporting Director, yet won't pay an appropriate compensation for him. 

Looks like Danny boy better get back to the Garden Centre. 

Edited by TK-421

I bet you ashworth is thinking I've made a huge mistake getting in bed with this knacker he's utterly clueless and obviously musnt rate ashworth that much to not offer more then 2 mil. 

4 hours ago, gjohnson said:

He's clearly come in thinking he can apply chemical industry principles and is finding out its very different

It's not so much chemistry industry principles as how large companies treat smaller ones in most (if not all) industries.

However he can't bully everyone in this game.

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

I bet you ashworth is thinking I've made a huge mistake getting in bed with this knacker he's utterly clueless and obviously musnt rate ashworth that much to not offer more then 2 mil. 

Ashworth’s a knacker himself though, so I doubt he feels that way. He probably despises us, the twat

6 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Three cunts in that photo. 

Nah, I'm not having that.

It's offensive to cunts 😒 

1 hour ago, madras said:

It's not so much chemistry industry principles as how large companies treat smaller ones in most (if not all) industries.

However he can't bully everyone in this game.

I've worked in both large and small companies and in my experience if a large company wants something from a smaller company the answer is inevitably throwing money at them. Having had the misfortune of dealing with Ineos, I know they like to lowball and try to litigate to death

I still reckon Ashworth is working for Man Utd on the sly already. Even if it's scouting or whatever, there's no way of proving he isn't and him and Man Utd clearly don't give that much of a fuck about getting caught out after his tapping up emails earlier in the year.

14 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I still reckon Ashworth is working for Man Utd on the sly already. Even if it's scouting or whatever, there's no way of proving he isn't and him and Man Utd clearly don't give that much of a fuck about getting caught out after his tapping up emails earlier in the year.

Aside from the fact that it would be impossible to do the job he's supposed to do without people outside Man U from knowing about it, why would he risk his professional reputation and likely legal action when he's not even being paid by them yet?

1 hour ago, UV said:

Aside from the fact that it would be impossible to do the job he's supposed to do without people outside Man U from knowing about it, why would he risk his professional reputation and likely legal action when he's not even being paid by them yet?

I don't know, ask Omar Berrada.

1 hour ago, UV said:

Pretty easy when you have enough in the bank to never have to work again

2 hours ago, UV said:

Hasn't he already though? Just the email exchange over him being tapped up is enough. You say he couldn't do his job, but it's experience and observation that are his key roles, he could pass any information garnered via an intermediary easily enough.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Don Toon 2 HRS AGO

“I was unaware that the Dan Ashworth situation had turned into a row? Who is rowing? My understanding is that ManU want him, he wants to go to ManU but as he is Toon property for the next 18 months we are refusing to let him go on the cheap. We want £20m and ManU want him for £3m hence we have a stalemate, nothing brutal about it at all it's just business - bit like the Jesse Lingard situation was. Howey the lads!”

👆🏻In a nutshell

B20B015E-CC6E-448C-9C7D-2044977651A7.gif.14b303f1d1400fb5d2835e12a1f7df9a.gif

Edited by PauloGeordio