Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He does remind me a little bit of Dennis Wise, with a brain.

There’s a movie in the cinema at the moment called Men, one of the characters is definitely Dennis Wise

Ecstatic to have 2 very competent workaholics at the club after years of having lazy wasters like Bruce and Charnley stealing a living. We’re actually attempting to be a professional outfit now and it’s amazing to see.

11 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Ecstatic to have 2 very competent workaholics at the club after years of having lazy wasters like Bruce and Charnley stealing a living. We’re actually attempting to be a professional outfit now and it’s amazing to see.

Can’t believe I’m writing this but here we are. 

I think Charnley was anything but lazy personally, he was managing the business single handedly on behalf of the fat cunt. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Love it how he seems on it from the off.

I agree but he is a highly professional and he needs to be.  Think he is going to be a very busy lad this summer, I suspect with a remit of fast tracking our recruitment (in and out) and taking away some of that focus from Eddie, so he can focus on getthig everything in place for pre season training and friendlies etc.

Bring it on. 

Edited by Dan Gleebals

Always found it ridiculous that, under Ashley, we had a clear “buy young undervalued prospects and sell them on for big profits” policy but never made any attempt to hire the right personnel to see it through.

Dan has shown previously that he can achieve success under that same model. Excited to see what he can do with us if the remit is indeed to make us serious players in the league.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Started on Monday, Hayden loaned on Tuesday, Targett signed on Wednesday. Not fucking about Wor Dan.

And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday we chilled on Sunday….

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

Always found it ridiculous that, under Ashley, we had a clear “buy young undervalued prospects and sell them on for big profits” policy but never made any attempt to hire the right personnel to see it through.

Dan has shown previously that he can achieve success under that same model. Excited to see what he can do with us if the remit is indeed to make us serious players in the league.

It was one of the craziest parts of all.

12 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Can’t believe I’m writing this but here we are. 

I think Charnley was anything but lazy personally, he was managing the business single handedly on behalf of the fat cunt. 

While yes that is true, we still did the absolute bare fucking minimum (if even that). Lazy might not be entirely fair, but I doubt he was pulling 60+ hours working weeks like. 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

While yes that is true, we still did the absolute bare fucking minimum (if even that). Lazy might not be entirely fair, but I doubt he was pulling 60+ hours working weeks like. 

He was also vastly underpaid for the position relative to others.

Or at least he was vastly overpaid based upon his skills and experience - but NUFC's salary package for that position was tiny in comparison to the rest of the PL.  

6 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Be great if we signed a player every day until the season kicks off.

Didn't Howe mention at the start of the January window they'd have a squad of 100 if they signed everyone they were linked with? I'm pretty it was something to that effect.