Nick Pope

Rich

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Nah. It's super fashionable at the minute to want to see goalkeepers passing it short across the face of their goal, but look at how that bullshit turned out for De Gea this weekend. 

Get it up the pitch and leave the pretty stuff to the players who are paid to do that. Goalkeepers save shots, command their areas and control the defence. No need for risky shit in front of your own goal.

That post so fits your username.[emoji38]

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Nah. It's super fashionable at the minute to want to see goalkeepers passing it short across the face of their goal, but look at how that bullshit turned out for De Gea this weekend. 

Get it up the pitch and leave the pretty stuff to the players who are paid to do that. Goalkeepers save shots, command their areas and control the defence. No need for risky shit in front of your own goal.

Like I said there is a place and time for short passing and long passing, I want my players not to hoof the ball all the time though, especially my ‘keeper. Statistically you needlessly render possession cheaply and although I’m aware the intent is to get the ball up the pitch and with it the team, when it just goes to the other team more often than not we are then back peddling towards our own goal. 

I kind of love that he had the presence of mind to boot the ball out for a throw when he took a couple of poor touches and an attacker was coming towards him. Too often keepers will try and beat the man and it'll fuck them over, like Mendy earlier.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I didn't think we needed a GK above other positions and as much as i like Dubs, this boy is another level. So glad we got him in.

Yeap, I like Dubs, and thought it was weird we'd replace him, but Pope command of his area is on another level, if his distribution can improve, we have a world class keeper on our hands.

Sensational performance, his reading of the game and anticipation of when to come off his line is first rate. Wasn’t even that excited when we signed him, just thought it was sensible business but how wrong I was