Nick Pope

Rich

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67587754

A lesson on why stats must be used alongside other analysis. 

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says goalkeeper Andre Onana is the Premier League's second-best goalkeeper "based on stats".

Onana, 27, was at fault for two Galatasaray goals in Wednesday's 3-3 Champions League draw which left qualification hopes in the balance.

However, the Cameroonian is tied for most clean sheets in the Premier League this season with five.

And Onana has also prevented 3.67 goals - the second most in the league.

Only Luton Town's Thomas Kaminski is ahead of him on 6.3 goals prevented.

Those numbers come from Opta calculations, with actual goals conceded being subtracted from the expected goals on target (xGOT) conceded figures, which reflect quality of chances for the opponent and shot execution.

Defending his keeper, Ten Hag said: "If you analyse it well then you see he is the second-best goalkeeper in the Premier League based on stats, so his expected defending goals is the second best in the Premier League."

1 minute ago, Nine said:

The way he was holding it and his immediate reaction to not get back up has me thinking it probably is.

I’ve done mine, doesn’t always mean surgery, had to have mine put back in in hospital. Sometimes they sublux but don’t fully dislocate. Rugby players often get back relatively quickly. He’ll be out for a good few weeks either way though. 

When he was on the ground he was holding the back of his thigh. When he got up he was holding his stomach/chest. When he started walking to the bench it seemed it was something with the shoulder :lol:

Curious to know wtf happend.