Nick Pope

Rich

Just give Dubs his chance, man. [emoji38]

Mendy and De Gea drop more Clangers than someone who went to the moon to capture the Clangers, but couldn't catch the Clangers as they were shit at catching Clangers.

For us to be in a better position than at this point last season when it should be a right off is a miracle like. I said a couple of weeks ago that this is the worst injury crisis I've ever seen at Newcastle and that was before Willock and Pope got injured.

Edited by Kid Icarus

The only other time I can think of is that season Shearer was injured (again) and we had to play.... Gallagher up front. But even then that was just Shearer injured and we had no other forwards. [emoji38]

Pope is a lot better than Dubs mind, especially the 2023 version of Dubs.

That being said when he came in against Man United in the cup it was really noticeable how much better we were playing it out from the back. Together with Tino being in at full back we might be able to compensate somewhat with a bit more control in games.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Pope is a lot better than Dubs mind, especially the 2023 version of Dubs.

That being said when he came in against Man United in the cup it was really noticeable how much better we were playing it out from the back. Together with Tino being in at full back we might be able to compensate somewhat with a bit more control in games.

We’ll adapt to the best sum total of our parts. We’re gonna be immense with a full first stating 11 and we’re not too shabby now!  :indi:

21 minutes ago, OCK said:

The only other time I can think of is that season Shearer was injured (again) and we had to play.... Gallagher up front. But even then that was just Shearer injured and we had no other forwards. [emoji38]

I can't remember exactly how many players out we had, but under Roeder when we were playing Huntington and Pattison, with IIRC Shola playing with a fucked hip is the worst I can remember before this. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I can't remember exactly how many players out we had, but under Roeder when we were playing Huntington and Pattison, with IIRC Shola playing with a fucked hip is the worst I can remember before this. 

Oh aye, Shola playing half a season with a mangled hip joint and we're all slating him [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Gk Pope
Rb Manquillo 
Lb targett
Cb Botman
Cb burn
Mid longstaff
Mid Anderson (Tonali)
Mid Willock
LW Barnes
RW Murphy
Fw Wilson