Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

33 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Well after much fucking around I have gotten it sorted. Deeply unpleasant way to spend 2 hours. [emoji38]

Atrocious website isn't it!

1 hour ago, SteV said:

There’s 70k browsers in the queue, not 70k people. Be somewhere between 10-15k people at a guess.

How can anyone possibly guess, how many people are in the queue and how many have multiple browsers open?

Two letters for them: U and X. 

I still can't tell if I have the membership or not. No email or even anything coming up in my bank account to say a payment is pending. Site needs a full redesign and a thorough plan to make it simply to navigate and understand.

3 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

I still can't tell if I have the membership or not. No email or even anything coming up in my bank account to say a payment is pending. Site needs a full redesign and a thorough plan to make it simply to navigate and understand.

Off the back of your post I checked my bank and £37 is pending. No email from club though.

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

How can anyone possibly guess, how many people are in the queue and how many have multiple browsers open?

With anything close to being considered ‘accurate’ they can’t really, but just going off how things panned out for actual tickets last season, that would be my incredibly speculative guess.

13 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

It’s obviously a legacy of Ashley, but how they don’t have an app/decent app is beyond me.

Could have all your details to hand on there, buy tickets, memberships, merchandise, even match day food & drinks on there. Allow Apple Pay & Google Pay. Your ticket details saved on there.

Team up with someone like Flash scores to offer score updates for all our squads on there.

News and media/NUFCTV content etc.

Simplest thing to do.

Just now, Stifler said:

It’s obviously a legacy of Ashley, but how they don’t have an app/decent app is beyond me.

Could have all your details to hand on there, buy tickets, memberships, merchandise, even match day food & drinks on there. Allow Apple Pay & Google Pay. Your ticket details saved on there.

Team up with someone like Flash scores to offer score updates for all our squads on there.

News and media/NUFCTV content etc.

Simplest thing to do.

Hopefully something like that is in the works with a proper dev company!

6 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Hopefully something like that is in the works with a proper dev company!

This is what concerns me about the new digital ticketing mechanism/app - it and the supporting infrastructure will need to be a lot more robust than the current web site. Hopefully they'll have a successful 3rd party handling this for them 

40 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Membership appeared after buying it, but I had to say I wanted to buy another membership to see it. 

It took about 2 hours for the bank to show payment had been taken. 

23 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

This is what concerns me about the new digital ticketing mechanism/app - it and the supporting infrastructure will need to be a lot more robust than the current web site. Hopefully they'll have a successful 3rd party handling this for them 

It’s the same company that do Man City’s apparently 

24 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s the same company that do Man City’s apparently 

Seems the company, SeatGeek, are well established in the premier league (their uk md used to run the NUFC ticket office in the past apparently!) - Hopefully it will be a smooth transition

I think it's a good indicator that 80k queueing for a membership (plus previous seasons) is perhaps the start of looking at a capacity increase.

I'm pretty sure over 100k were chasing the 1k season tickets when they were up for grabs.

The demand is growing.

Makes you wonder what capacity they could consider, or simply move?

42 minutes ago, OCK said:

Membership appeared after buying it, but I had to say I wanted to buy another membership to see it. 

It took about 2 hours for the bank to show payment had been taken. 

Yeah, have just had the confirmation email now. I'm just an impatient git who expects all major sites to have been designed/built well :lol:

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I think it's a good indicator that 80k queueing for a membership (plus previous seasons) is perhaps the start of looking at a capacity increase.

I'm pretty sure over 100k were chasing the 1k season tickets when they were up for grabs.

The demand is growing.

Makes you wonder what capacity they could consider, or simply move?

There wasn’t anywhere near 80k people in the queue. So many multiple browsers being used that looking at queue numbers in isolation is fairly worthless.

Yeah, and then if you rejoin later you get another number at the back. I had 40 queue numbers. 

I do think we need an 75-80k stadium though, much better to have some empty seats than not be able to get in (IMO). 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Wonder if they'll release how many members we have.

Someone mentioned 8-10K going to sale for members but surely its more? Whats a match day look like? 30K ST holders, 3k Away fans, 1K General sale, 10K Members. That leaves another ~8K, that cant all be for corporate/other? 

29 minutes ago, SteV said:

There wasn’t anywhere near 80k people in the queue. So many multiple browsers being used that looking at queue numbers in isolation is fairly worthless.

Maybe not, but even if 40k we’re in queue I bet there’s a fair proportion buying 2 or more memberships. It’s not unreasonable to think they’ve flogged 80k memberships today and the likes of me haven’t even bothered yet.

Edited by Whitley mag