Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

24 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Ryanair?

You want to get a flight to Benidorm.

10 days before the flight you have to enter a ballot for a ticket.

To enter the ballot you have to pay £37 as an annual fee.

If successful in the ballot the airline will choose the flight price and where you sit.

The flight price they select could be almost double the price of the cheapest option and none of the options are particularly cheap compared to other airlines.

Their airplane was built in the 90s and is really showing its age, it has none of the facilities you’d expect from a modern airplane and was flown for 14 years with minimal upkeep by an unscrupulous previous owner. It has a dead pigeon in the luggage racks. 

Fuck that. I’d rather walk. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

What if you wanted 2 tickets you deliberately left  max 100 quid in your bank account.....then if you get 2 x £74 tickets the payment can't go through? 

Just a thought! 

Then they contact you and you have 24 hours to sort or the tickets get allocated to someone else that missed out 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If you both have memberships and enter the ballot together and you're both successful, yeah you should be next to each other. Where those seats are in the ground though is another matter. :lol:

Fucking mental really. I sat with my lad in the Gallowgate last year after getting tickets on here and while I enjoyed it, he was quite spooked by how loud it was, so kind of expected through the membership scheme this year to be able to go to a more kid friendly area (if I was lucky enough to get tickets). 

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

Fucking mental really. I sat with my lad in the Gallowgate last year after getting tickets on here and while I enjoyed it, he was quite spooked by how loud it was, so kind of expected through the membership scheme this year to be able to go to a more kid friendly area (if I was lucky enough to get tickets). 

My lad sat in gallowgate with fingers in his ears cos it was bang on loud. Proper insane noise. He asked me to never sit there again. Bless him

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

You want to get a flight to Benidorm.

10 days before the flight you have to enter a ballot for a ticket.

To enter the ballot you have to pay them £37 as an annual fee.

If successful in the ballot the airline will choose the flight price and where you sit.

The flight price they select could be almost double the price of the cheapest option and none of the options are particularly cheap compared to other airlines.

Their airplane was built in the 90s and is really showing its age, it has none of the facilities you’d expect from a modern airplane and was flown for years with minimal upkeep by an unscrupulous previous owner. It even has a dead pigeon in the luggage racks. 

Fuck that. I’d rather walk. 

Michael O'Leary likes your proposal. 

53 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

How much is One Hotspur+? Certainly better than our membership benefits.

This is literally the sort of thing the Club should have been pushing…

Tiers of membership. 

Just have a look at the spurs online store too for comparison. Loads of merch available.

Badged hoodies, Caps, hats, t shirts etc over 200 gifts to pick from. We'd make a killing selling anything like that. Instead we just get the Castore training range for extortionate prices. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

how many elite clubs globally operate a ballot policy where fans can neither choose the price, or location of their seat ? 

and if there are some, do their fans feel it’s a been a positive change ?

cos in my opinion, it’s an absolutely fucking shite state of affairs 

I should clarify my point was more relevant to price of seat over choosing where you can sit. 

6 minutes ago, Viana said:

I should clarify my point was more relevant to price of seat over choosing where you can sit. 

The price of the tickets, although it's a bit shit on how much it's increased, isn't the issue

It's more that you have no idea on what price of ticket you will "win" nor if the allocated section is appropriate.

20 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Thinking about just getting a refund on our memberships now TBH. If I can’t choose where me and my little lad sit, I don’t think I want to go.

Wouldn’t blame anyone doing this like. Piss poor by the club but I’d amazed if they’ve not factored in the negative response to it as a hit which is dissipated by long term pros.

I’d be very interested to know how many of each ticket are available for the ballot so what probability you’re running at for each ticket price.

Modern high level football unfortunately. Any chance to price out the proles is always taken. 

2 minutes ago, patrone said:

The price of the tickets, although it's a bit shit on how much it's increased, isn't the issue

It's more that you have no idea on what price of ticket you will "win" nor if the allocated section is appropriate.

The ticket prices are certainly an issue to me! £44-£74 prices the average supporter out before we even talk about anything else.

This is Newcastle Upon Tyne in the North East of England, not West London!

Spoke about it tonight with the bairn and explained we won't be going next season. He's 10 now and he went to his first game with me when he was 3 but to give him his dues he understood and took it quite well.

Will fill the void with some Non League Football and the occasional drive over to Carlisle.

I’m still not sure whether this is about money or just incompetence TBH. 

To price people out they have just out up prices and kept the queue. Feels to me like they’ve tried to make it fairer for people who can’t log on at 10am but ended up with an absolutely horrific solution. 

That’s either because of thick people making the decisions or limits of the technology. Or both. 

Guess either way it’s a disaster, and obvs you’re not wrong about modern football. 

If it's just sheer incompetence they need to get the word out yesterday, like. 

Anyone who's not up in arms about this is a wrong'un. Fuck: "this is the way the game's going". Seriously, fuck right off with that bollocks. It's meant to be the universal sport that connects all walks of life. Yes we need to generate more revenue, but this is absolutely the worst way to do it (if it is indeed their intention). 

I can just about to afford to pay £74 a match, but if I'm entering a ballot I want to do so safe in the knowledge that people haven't been unfairly priced out (or at least scared off by the prospect of being tied to a ticket at that price point if they have the misfortune of being selected for it in the ballot). It fucking honks, man. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was expecting a statement today TBH. Hopefully get something tomorrow if it really is just a work in progress. 

Who knows though. 

Yeah, even if what they say isn’t what we want to hear, going back to the Ashley/Charnley days of ‘say nothing and hope it eventually goes away’, is not a place we want to be.

Veeery badly handled by the club. I recognise that there are big staff changes and all kinds of restructuring happening in the background, but this ticketing process can be detrimental to the atmosphere in the ground and throughout the fanbase in general, during the WHOLE season. Random allocation is simply the easiest route that they could have gone into and coupled with the delay.. this is really pushing it.

The hospitality tickets were out today. As a foreign fan this has always been one of the easier options to attend a game and plan a trip in advance.. not anymore - I've had all sorts of trouble with the availability (some games sold out within seconds, then reappeared in random refreshes), gateway timeouts during the payment process (prompting more refreshes and uncertainty if the card has been charged) and since the afternoon -  a server error which indicates that the system is not working at all for anybody.

Hopefully we tear all this legacy shit up and start afresh next summer.. with new software and more empathy and respect for the matchgoing fans.

The more I think about this the more angry I get.

It goes right back to the announcement of unlimited memberships for me. As soon as that was announced, I knew they were just trying to cash in on a fervent fan base.

Have you ever been a member of any club or institution that literally anyone can sign up to at any time? No you haven’t. Members generally get a benefit of some description. 

Not here they don’t. There’s no benefit to a membership at all. Other than a free for all of tens of thousands of mugs trying to pile in. (That’s before the likes of away fans cotton onto the fact they could get a ticket in tbe home end for a big game).

It was also a kick in the dick to the loyal members of the last few seasons who’d already spent hundreds of pounds - the lack of loyalty shown to those fans was the first alarm bell for me.

This reeks of Silverstone, and the fact no lame apology or excuse has come out yet, shows you exactly what this was - a cash grab. 

NUFC, if you’re reading this. Sort this out now. 

17 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

The more I think about this the more angry I get.

It goes right back to the announcement of unlimited memberships for me. As soon as that was announced, I knew they were just trying to cash in on a fervent fan base.

Have you ever been a member of any club or institution that literally anyone can sign up to at any time? No you haven’t. Members generally get a benefit of some description. 

Not here they don’t. There’s no benefit to a membership at all. Other than a free for all of tens of thousands of mugs trying to pile in. (That’s before the likes of away fans cotton onto the fact they could get a ticket in tbe home end for a big game).

It was also a kick in the dick to the loyal members of the last few seasons who’d already spent hundreds of pounds - the lack of loyalty shown to those fans was the first alarm bell for me.

This reeks of Silverstone, and the fact no lame apology or excuse has come out yet, shows you exactly what this was - a cash grab. 

NUFC, if you’re reading this. Sort this out now. 

Gov, just to clarify you believe memberships should be limited so some folk should never be able to attend?