Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Spoke to a mate who’s a Chelsea fan and member over the weekend. Their system is interesting.

You accumulate member loyalty points for games you attend. 

E.G Liverpool at home gets you 10 points. Whereas a less glamorous fixture in the League Cup vs Barsnley might get you 30 points. 

When tickets are released to members at 10am the starting threshold may be 200 points. This then reduces at 1pm to 100 points and then by 5pm to 50 points etc. All members tickets will then be sold on that day. 

Basically, the more points/loyalty you have will more or less guarantee you a ticket to a game you want to attend as long as you log in at the right time. 

He says it’s a great and fair system. Been plenty of times he’s missed out solely because he hasn’t logged in at 10am and it’s his own fault. 

Really not sure why we can’t implement something similar. 

I suspect we will in time

Sounds a much fairer way and protects your more loyal fans who want to go to every game, not just Man U at home.

Could also be used to prioritise any season tickets that become available in future.

Edited by Whitley mag

51 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Spoke to a mate who’s a Chelsea fan and member over the weekend. Their system is interesting.

E.G Liverpool at home gets you 10 points. Whereas a less glamorous fixture in the League Cup vs Barsnley might get you 30 points. 

When tickets are released to members at 10am the starting threshold may be 200 points. This then reduces at 1pm to 100 points and then by 5pm to 50 points etc. All members tickets will then be sold on that day. 

Basically, the more points/loyalty you have will more or less guarantee you a ticket to a game you want to attend as long as you log in at the right time. 

He says it’s a great and fair system. Been plenty of times he’s missed out solely because he hasn’t logged in at 10am and it’s his own fault. 

What about for those people who can't login at 10am because not everyone works at a fucking computer?

6 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

What about for those people who can't login at 10am because not everyone works at a fucking computer?

7pm?

Friends and Family?

Roll it out on a Sunday?

Then you get thousands more online at the same time, the people who were getting tickets regularly when it was 10am on a Thursday struggle to get them still, and the same complaints reoccur. May as well stick to a ballot where you have a day or so to make your attempt.

How about everyone who wants a ticket applies within a certain time period, then they dish them out based on how many home games you’ve attended over the last 5 seasons. Rewarding loyalty for members in a similar way to season tickets.

It’s exactly the same argument about loyalty points. If the away system is deemed “fair” and new fans can’t get away tickets, then why should new fans get home tickets ahead of those who have been going match by match for years on end?

Edited by NSG

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Then you get thousands more online at the same time, the people who were getting tickets regularly when it was 10am on a Thursday struggle to get them still, and the same complaints reoccur. May as well stick to a ballot where you have a day or so to make your attempt.

But that wouldn’t happen with this system. 

Because the more points you have built up you know when you can purchase a ticket. Exactly the same as the away loyalty point system. If the first members’ loyalty point threshold for the game is 200 points and you only have 40 points you aren’t logging in at that time. 

The points could drop on a daily basis like the away system does now. 

12 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

But that wouldn’t happen with this system. 

Because the more points you have built up you know when you can purchase a ticket. Exactly the same as the away loyalty point system. If the first members’ loyalty point threshold for the game is 200 points and you only have 40 points you aren’t logging in at that time. 

The points could drop on a daily basis like the away system does now. 

So they have a window to purchase a ticket?  If they do then it should be at least 8-12 hours.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

We are members at Chelsea (my son supports them and membership is the only way to get tickets). You are right that less glamorous games are worth more loyalty points than the big ones. Think he got 5 points for Plymouth at home in the FA Cup and 2 points v Dortmund in the Champions League.

The interesting thing is that members are also rewarded for their loyalty and also have access to away tickets. They'll have a season ticket holders sale and then a members sale afterwards. Sometimes you'll need loyalty points to purchase, other times you won't. It does make tickets accessible to a broader section of their fanbase and gives far more value to their membership which incidently costs £35 compared to £37 at Newcastle.

Usually the ticket sales commence at 10am (same system as NUFC last season) but for high demand games they'll use the loyalty points system sp for example they'll go on sale to members with 30 loyalty points at 10am, then 20 points at 2pm, 0 points at 5pm.

I still prefer that way.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

It is an interesting one but the way things have been since the takeover, it seems like members haven't necessarily been choosing which games they go to. It's been more of a case of people getting to whichever games they've been lucky enough to get tickets for. The points , big or small would just be given according to which games each applicant had been successful for. Takes away the 'loyalty' aspect IMO.

Good to see various suggestions isn’t it? Exactly the sort of thing the Club should be listening to in order to get a more bespoke system for NUFC and its fans. 

I still maintain that they didn’t hold any form of consultation for home ticketing and they’ve implemented something without thought.

17 hours ago, Manxst said:

So how does that work for international members who might go to one or two games a year? They don’t go? 

Trying to get my head around this. Coming over weekend of the Palace home game and want to get tickets for myself and my boy, also wife and daughter if possible, for a one off game obviously. I’d need to first buy “international memberships” at GBP37 a pop per adult and GBP20 per child (or GBP114 total!) and then enter the balot and hope for the best. Is that right? What happens if I can’t get tickets through the balot..?

Or does balot not apply to international members, seeing as the description is different here, i.e. “Access to home match tickets (terms and conditions apply)” as opposed to “Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY ONE TICKET PER MEMBER” for local members..?

Probably also relevant for @Kanji, @cubaricho, @SEMTEXand others coming over from afar for the Lockwood Cup.

edit: asked the question to boxoffice via mail. Will let yous know if I get a response.

Edited by Unbelievable

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Trying to get my head around this. Coming over weekend of the Palace home game and want to get tickets for myself and my boy, also wife and daughter if possible, for a one off game obviously. I’d need to first buy “international memberships” at GBP37 a pop per adult and GBP20 per child (or GBP114 total!) and then enter the balot and hope for the best. Is that right? What happens if I can’t get tickets through the balot..?

Or does balot not apply to international members, seeing as the description is different here, i.e. “Access to home match tickets (terms and conditions apply)” as opposed to “Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY ONE TICKET PER MEMBER” for local members..?

Probably also relevant for @Kanji, @cubaricho, @SEMTEXand others coming over from afar for the Lockwood Cup.

This'll let you know how tragic the new system for home ticketing is. Yep, you'll need to fork out £114 for memberships for the 4 of you for a chance of getting tickets. Entering the ballot as a 4, assuming you want to do that with with your family, if successful you'll be given seats in a seating category that you choose all together but you won't know where those seats exactly are, ie you can choose seating category 2 but you won't know whether you'll be in the Gallowgate, Leazes, any of the corners or in Level 7 next to the away fans. But I'd wager that getting 4 seats together will be incredibly tricky. The club will still take your £114 though. If you are successful you're looking at an outlay of ~£250ish; membership and ticket cost for 4. That'll be on top of travel, accommodation, food and drink. If unsuccessful you can try resale but it's a nominal amount of tickets, anywhere between 50-200 if that, so the chances of getting 4 are slim and non-existent for getting 4 together.

International members are the same and have the same rights as domestic members AFAIK. I'm unsure on that but have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. The club's communication all summer as you probably have seen on ticketing has been nothing short of abysmal.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Question that I think I know the answer for but just want to be sure. 

Is it going to be almost impossible now for me to try and get two seats together for me and my partner for a game as a non season ticket holder? 

I live far away but used to come up for games all the time in the past and some away games with a membership. But the Bruce years I couldn't stomach so haven't been to a game since Benitez era. 

But I wanted to take my partner to her first game to experience but it looks like I'd have to enter a ballot just to get myself a ticket and would need a 2nd membership for her but wouldn't be able to pick two seats together?

Edited by alexf

Just now, alexf said:

Question that I think I know the answer for but just want to be sure. 

Is it going to be almost impossible now for me to try and get two seats together for me and my partner for a game as a non season ticket holder? 

I love far away but used to come up for games all the time in the past and some away games with a membership. But the Bruce years I couldn't stomach so haven't been to a game since Benitez era. 

But I wanted to take my partner to her first game to experience but it looks like I'd have to enter a ballot just to get myself a ticket and would need a 2nd membership for her but wouldn't be able to pick two seats together?

Not impossible for 2. But you'll need to fork out another £37 for her for a membership in her name and then enter a ballot as a pair and if successful you'll have seats together. Where they are in the ground in the seating category you apply for you won't know until you get notified that you're successful. And you won't get notified until around a week and a half before the day of the game.

As you can see, the system is relentlessly lifting.

If you’re not successful in the ballot there is a resale of any tickets left over but the chances of getting 2 together will be very slim. 

I spent hours on the website playing whack-a-mole and that was just to get one seat in the resale 

I've got a question, apologies if already covered.

I'm a season ticket holder, but my dad is a member. Previously I would get him a ticket next to me (or as close as possible).

Am I right in thinking there's no way I can do that now? And that we can't go to the match together anymore?

Or, is it possible for me to buy a membership, and apply with him at least, and forward my ST to someone else if we are both successful? Which is a pain in the arse but I'd be willing to do