NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

Gone off TG, come out with some beyond dreadful patter recently. Deservedly getting stick for it. Don't like Tate either. Ughs all round.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Largely ignored Tate for obvious reasons but it's hilarious how he talks almost word-for-word like some of the posts in the World Cup thread. :lol:

Not been arsed about the WC but just had a flick through that thread. Christ.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

TG was fine in the sense that I trust his joke was knowingly playing up to a stereotype. Not at all surprising that a supposed free speech champion like Tate wouldn't think it's acceptable to joke about.

if imagine so. Loz’ s wife is Muslim.

So cringe, both the original video and the apology. 

Doesn't take a great deal of difficulty to see Tate for what he is, but TG has a lot of people fooled. Or they just don't really want to look beneath the surface a little. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Delighted for the lad. I think he'll be involved with the club's social media at some stage in the future. 

Absolutely not. He has no marketing/social media tack/voice. That's why he's become so popular amongst the fans, the very Partridge aspect of it. That wouldn't work in an actual corporate environment.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Absolutely not. He has no marketing/social media tack/voice. That's why he's become so popular amongst the fans, the very Partridge aspect of it. That wouldn't work in an actual corporate environment.

No i mean like he might be in a few Twitter videos around the stadium on matchday. Just light hearted videos and stuff like that. 

24 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

So cringe, both the original video and the apology. 

Doesn't take a great deal of difficulty to see Tate for what he is, but TG has a lot of people fooled. Or they just don't really want to look beneath the surface a little. 

He was a whopper back in the day and I can’t imagine working in that social media type environment has done much to alleviate that. 

He blows hot and cold for me. Good stuff he's done like some of the old NUFC rants were good (a lot for the comedy value and Pardew/Ashley hatred), the Logan Paul body incident, some of the podcasts, his views on Bruce, the video he did after Bruce was sacked, the video after the takeover and the recent Fury stuff. But recently I've gone right off him, this recent fallout, some of the things he's said in the past about women, some of his football takes, having Jordan Peterson on the podcast etc. 

I've had quite a bit of time for him because of the aforementioned good stuff he's done and I always love seeing someone from up here do well for themselves, see also YouTubers WillNE and Cam Kirkham as well as the likes of Sam Fender and Andrew Cushin. But this recent stuff, nah.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I seen one of his most recent videos saying people should respect Almiron more after only a month a go slagging him off himself and saying Grealish was right what he said :lol:

I tried watching that Kick Off show after seeing it praised on here a few times and it's just full of the worst takes and AFTV style people playing upto characters. 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Skipped to 22 minutes "I'm learning, I'm still fuckin' learning" :lol:

FFS, people whinge about cancel culture and comedy and satire being dead, often correctly, often not, but then bow down to it over the most blatantly tongue-in-cheek jokes imaginable, presumably because it threatens their bottom line.

Meanwhile cumtown is the most popular patreon podcast of all time and its presenters are millionnaires off the back of rejecting all of that and trusting their audience has the brain capacity to understand how jokes work.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I find the whole 'social media spat' game such a depressing way to go on. Courting attention, building a brand, making money out of what used to be called (when I first started using online communities) flaming. I mean, fuck, whatever, do what you like I suppose; and if very publicly wittering about the arguments you're having with other people makes a meaningful contribution to your bank account at the end of the month, fine, well played I guess. But Christ what a tedious, toxic and intellectually vacant way to go on. Steve Wraith/Keith Patterson-esque. 

Three hundred thousand views in three hours for that "I'm Sorry" video. :lol: How much is he making out of that? Purely just cultivating drama for the exposure. It's cut from the same depressing clickbait cloth of "You won't believe the shocking comment from Naga Munchetti on BBC Breakfast this morning," with concerned expressions in the thumbnail. Reveal: "Damn you for forecasting rain tomorrow, Carol Kirkwood, lol!"

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Three hundred thousand views in three hours for that "I'm Sorry" video. :lol: How much is he making out of that?

About 6-30k.

I’m not sure on his personal ad deals but yeah, about .02-.10 a view usually if you’re someone who’s doing those kind of numbers.

Not even including his other sponsors. 

Edited by cubaricho

I’m about to watch the ‘apology’ but I’m going to first have a guess of some of the things said and done.

- TG will apologise to Lawrence. 
- He’ll cry. 
- Probably talk about his own struggles. 
- They’ll both say these things happen on live streams. It’s Live TV! 
- TG will say he’s going to be a better person. 
- Lawrence will humbly accept his apology and assume the position. 

Edited by Ste

The world has changed. Now online present is as important as TV/traditional media. If we want NUFC to be a world global successful brand, we must use social media power too. Compared to other Premier League Club like Aston Villa and West Ham (not the big six, those are way beyond us) Newcastle online present is way below them. We should change that going forward.