NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

15 hours ago, midds said:

I think it's more about choosing to stop the momentum of the opponent rather than waste time as such. Go down with a very dubious head injury, stay down for 2 mins, kill the game and give the back 4 a chance to reset and catch their collective breath and regroup a little. It's going to catch you out with yellows and late goals but it's become an established part of the game now. "Game management" I believe it's conveniently called - which sounds clever rather than cynical. 'City are good at seeing games out aren't they? Great game management' as opposed to 'Newcastle are just wasting time here'

After Howe watching Simeone’s Atletico in Madrid for a while, he will have learnt the best shithousery tactics in the world.

I agree with the above; these “slow down” tactics are a way you can slow the oppositions momentum and also receive instructions from the sideline from the coaching team. They can see exactly what needs to be tweaked to stem the opposition flow or to better our attack.

watch Howe and Tindal telling players to stay down and then calling over players to give out instructions…

9 minutes ago, buzza said:

After Howe watching Simeone’s Atletico in Madrid for a while, he will have learnt the best shithousery tactics in the world.

I agree with the above; these “slow down” tactics are a way you can slow the oppositions momentum and also receive instructions from the sideline from the coaching team. They can see exactly what needs to be tweaked to stem the opposition flow or to better our attack.

watch Howe and Tindal telling players to stay down and then calling over players to give out instructions…

Can’t be underestimated Howe’s time away from the game and spending time with Simeone. No coincidence we play nice football but are hard to beat with an element of shithousery thrown in.

I see there a pile on Miguel Delany on Twittet following his last comments.

Yes, he's had a nightmare with the wage stuff, but I don't think the crux of what he's saying is particularly controversial i.e Howe has done a good job but you also can't overlook our spend since January.

• 2 weeks later...