James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, The College Dropout said:

The most comparable players are Raphinha and Richarlison. Same age, length on contract, PL experience, PL output in recent seasons etc. £50m-£60m. That's the going rate. If we got him for £45m we've got ourselves a great deal.

But Leicester seemingly HAVE to sell, unlike Leeds and Everton. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's a lot easier to get that sort of player, plus those sorts of fees are lower risk if they don't pay off. I think they'd be prepared to pay £50-60m for someone who's 99% sure will be a hit for the figures he'll provide us with.

You may well be right on this. Personally I don't see it, especially with the success they've had so far with Bruno specifically. We'll find out soon though, as according to those Leicester fans they shut stuff down once the season starts.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

The most comparable players are Raphinha and Richarlison. Same age, length on contract, PL experience, PL output in recent seasons etc. £50m-£60m. That's the going rate. If we got him for £45m we've got ourselves a great deal.

But different players, Richarlison is much more adaptable round the front line, can play up front and more withdrawn, through the middle and wide.

Raphinha ? Fuck knows, where talking Barca.[emoji38]

1 minute ago, madras said:

How much better would you say given where we both finished and seemingly recent improvements/regressions ?

Do you think we would have finished 3 points behind had we played in a European competition Sept - May?

European football is a massive factor. Injuries to CB's is a massive factor. 

Looking at the quality of both squads as it is. No European football for either side. The gap is pretty considerable in quality.

Aye atmosphere and momentum is in our benefit. That is true. And our manager is in a better position as well. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Do you think we would have finished 3 points behind had we played in a European competition Sept - May?

European football is a massive factor. Injuries to CB's is a massive factor. 

Looking at the quality of both squads as it is. No European football for either side. The gap is pretty considerable in quality.

Aye atmosphere and momentum is in our benefit. That is true. And our manager is in a better position as well. 

Injuries to your only CF are a massive factor as well, also years of lack of investment. And yeah European football, but I'm told by someone on here they have a much better squad than us to cope.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Diaby seemingly our number 1 target. Not interested and too expensive.

Harrison - bid below Leeds valuation. We have seemingly moved on to other targets. Including bidding more than Leeeds valuation of Harrison but for another player.

Cool, I'm not convinced we have actually bid for Harrison, but it's beside the point.

How is enquiring for players and deciding we don't want to bid for them based on the players valuation the wrong way to go about things?

Just now, madras said:

Injuries to your only CF are a massive e factor as well. And yeah European football, but I'm told by someone on here they have a much better squad than us to cope.

Gave them a massive head start cancelling out the Euro involvement lost two top class performers after xmas as well!

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

But Leicester seemingly HAVE to sell, unlike Leeds and Everton. 

So did Leeds (financial) and Everton (FFP). Like.. what? Leicester don't have to sell JM this summer. They can keep a £50-60m player on their books who can help them qualify for Europe and still get £30m next season. Good chance they can get £70m for a defender that barely played in the PL last season this summer as well.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

But different players, Richarlison is much more adaptable round the front line, can play up front and more withdrawn, through the middle and wide.

Raphinha ? Fuck knows, where talking Barca.[emoji38]

JM can play 10, RW/RF and RCM in a midfield 3. Also a far more creative player, also scoring more non-penalty goals and assists than Richarlison whilst not playing as 9.

Arsenal and Chelsea were also willing to pay the £50m for Raphinha.

These are all attacking players that are not out and out strikers (Richarlison can do that role but not his prime position). The profile is as similar as you're going to get.

Big man, engage your brain.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Wouldn't that be a huge surprise? To finish above a team with an obviously superior squad?

We are going around in circles now. I stated there's no short-term footballing benefit to joining NUFC from Leicester which you disagreed with. And after some back and forth - you've said so in your own words that their squad is better. Clearly, he's not joining to play for a better team in 22/23.

Well no because, as I've said, since Christmas every indicator is that Howe is getting more out of our squad than Rodgers is out of theres. For some reason you keep mentioning there superior squad as if it's the only thing that matters. 

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Injuries to your only CF are a massive factor as well, also years of lack of investment. And yeah European football, but I'm told by someone on here they have a much better squad than us to cope.

Yeh Jamie Vardy missed 13 league games too.

Fofana missed 31 games.

Evans missed 19 games.

James Justin missed 25 games.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Cool, I'm not convinced we have actually bid for Harrison, but it's beside the point.

How is enquiring for players and deciding we don't want to bid for them based on the players valuation the wrong way to go about things?

I personally think you're blinded by the romance of the takeover and think the club is incapable of a poor decision or two.

Every man and their dog had us bidding for Harrison. The pursuit of Diaby reportedly went on for weeks if not months before we ended our interest.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Well no because, as I've said, since Christmas every indicator is that Howe is getting more out of our squad than Rodgers is out of theres. For some reason you keep mentioning there superior squad as if it's the only thing that matters. 

As things stand - no sales or signings. Do you expect to finish above Leicester?

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

As things stand - no sales or signings. Do you expect to finish above Leicester?

Yes, because they have to sell one of their best players and have also lost their goalkeeper.

Interesting how its expected to be reject, but that it's not yet happened.

Makes me think they're thinking of a counter proposal, maybe involving Dubravka?

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Yes, because they have to sell one of their best players and have also lost their goalkeeper.

Says who? Only if they want to buy they do.

They could easily go into the season with the squad they have.

Tielemens is only in the shop window because of his contract, he may decide to extend it if nobody wants him.

Yous are fucking nuts like, sorry. :lol: 

No problem at all with having the ambition to finish above Leicester, or it being a possibility, but a fucking expectation of it?

And we wonder why we have a supposedly undeserved reputation for being deluded and entitled.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Interesting how its expected to be reject, but that it's not yet happened.

Makes me think they're thinking of a counter proposal, maybe involving Dubravka?

That was at 9am thus morning. Its since been rejected

Apparently...

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I personally think you're blinded by the romance of the takeover and think the club is incapable of a poor decision or two.

Every man and their dog had us bidding for Harrison. The pursuit of Diaby reportedly went on for weeks if not months before we ended our interest.

Thank you.

Clearly it suggests a lack of knowledge and nous in the market.

I agree - many are blinded by the takeover and won't accept any criticism or missteps in our transfer dealings. We've been interested in players that we aren't prepared to spend the necessary money to bring in before. The annoying thing with Harrison. Is that we have the money for the asking price - we just don't want to pay it for him. Which is fine. But we've set our sights on someone else.. where I think it's likely we could end up in the same situation. Not prepared to pay what the selling club wants (but enough for some of our other targets). It's not a footballing thing, a budget thing but a value in the market thing. 

To get this back on track from the inane ramblings let’s discuss the following. 

how likely is this to happen?

does the fee to close this represent value?

where would he fit?

does this impact/trigger us to sell say Miggy, Fraser or even say ASM?

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Says who? Only if they want to buy they do.

They could easily go into the season with the squad they have.

Tielemens is only in the shop window because of his contract, he may decide to extend it if nobody wants him.

Because they also need to lower their wages which stand at 105% of income? 

I reckon vardy will want to leave the country after his wife has made him the biggest laughing stock in football. Torrent of abuse and ridicule awaits him if he stays in the league.