James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

22 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Go all out in January. He'd not just take us to the next level, but he'd be a statement signing that would make other players of a similar ilk take notice of us.

Agree, apart from cover at right back (maybe a loan or young upcoming player) we should make sure we get this guy. 

13 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Agree, apart from cover at right back (maybe a loan or young upcoming player) we should make sure we get this guy. 

And a D/CM. Bizarrely, I think Shelvey's injury has hurt us. Never thought I'd say that...

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

I really don’t see him leaving in January, but I think that would be our only chance of getting him ahead other sides. If he waits until the summer, I’m certain he will have more options to choose and Leicester will have to shift him 

3 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I really don’t see him leaving in January, but I think that would be our only chance of getting him ahead other sides. If he waits until the summer, I’m certain he will have more options to choose and Leicester will have to shift him 

Do you not yet think, as I do, that the time is very rapidly approaching when we can expect that high quality players - realising what is going on here - will CHOOSE us, over and above these other "more options to choose from" clubs, whoever they may be?

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Do you not yet think, as I do, that the time is very rapidly approaching when we can expect that high quality players - realising what is going on here - will CHOOSE us, over and above these other "more options to choose from" clubs, whoever they may be?

Aye that day will definitely come 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Zero said:

Summer may be, winter no chance. Leicester will relegate if they sell him in Jan.

Yes I’d be amazed if they let him go in Jan. if they’re still looking in dire straights I’d imagine he’d want to stay to help them before leaving next summer too.

2 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

I know someone who knows his brother Ben (I know I know). Apparently his heart is set on a move to the big smoke, namely with Arsenal. 

Not sure if they will go for him tbh. 

For the 3 positions behind the striker they already have Martinelli, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Odegard, Vieira, plus they were rumoured to be looking at Neto in the summer 

21 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Not sure if they will go for him tbh. 

For the 3 positions behind the striker they already have Martinelli, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Odegard, Vieira, plus they were rumoured to be looking at Neto in the summer 

Arsenal are more likely to go for Tielemans than Maddison I think. 

On 05/10/2022 at 00:17, manorpark said:

We’re not there yet mate and that will probably be his main issue with us right now. If we end up in the Europa League spot at the end of the season then that’s a clear sign of progression and it may very well stop him choosing a Spurs or Arsenal over us right now

14 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

We’re not there yet mate and that will probably be his main issue with us right now. If we end up in the Europa League spot at the end of the season then that’s a clear sign of progression and it may very well stop him choosing a Spurs or Arsenal over us right now

Good section from the recent Athletic article about it all:

“A leading European agent, who asked not to be named to safeguard their connections, admitted toThe Athletic that he would not have considered sending his players to Newcastle previously but their attractiveness has increased hugely to his clients. The other agent believes that is due to “serious people” like Ashworth now being in situ and increased ambition. Pre-takeover, neither Botman nor Guimaraes would have countenanced joining.

“Until they get European football, they won’t attract the very best,” the agent says. “But more players are increasingly seeing Newcastle as an intriguing destination.””

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do we really think Maddison can play as a wide forward? Seems 100% an attacking midfielder to me. 

I’m sure that he CAN play wide, but he’d be wasted there imo, and especially when a dedicated wide player would be both better and is also a priority. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Oh :lol:

I watched that game as well, he didn't seem to spend much time out there.

I suppose that more where he was on the line up.

Got his assist for Daka from that position.

Yeah, I mean formations aren't all that important these days. More about the instructions about what to do and where to go in and out of possession.

Wide players that are just about getting down the wing aren't really a thing as much now anyway.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do we really think Maddison can play as a wide forward? Seems 100% an attacking midfielder to me. 

Ton of the tactics analysts are saying he's capable of playing LW, RW, #10 and he's deadly in each spot. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Ton of the tactics analysts are saying he's capable of playing LW, RW, #10 and he's deadly in each spot. 

He's a top, top player. Next-level type signing along with Bruno imo.