James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

We need quality players in attacking areas. It doesn't really matter which player he would be pushing out of the team, whether it's Willock, Miggy or even Maxi.

Our most important player is Bruno and he and Maddison are entirely different players and would work well together IMO. The rest is secondary, in the grand scheme.

11 hours ago, andyc35i said:

We’re not there yet mate and that will probably be his main issue with us right now. If we end up in the Europa League spot at the end of the season then that’s a clear sign of progression and it may very well stop him choosing a Spurs or Arsenal over us right now

Yes, as I say, the time is rapidly approaching . . . 

Don’t see us getting him but boy would he be an amazing signing. Would bring goals and creativity. Simply a top class player. Something that I really like is the options he would give us because of his versatility. “Just” by adding him we would have so much more attacking options overall. With Willock and especially Miggy starting to show that he can be an integral part of the 1st team. Wouldn’t be easy to find a more pure RW who would do much better than Miggy right now, extra hard when you think about his work rate. 

I wouldn’t say for sure that Miggy will be a regular important 1st team player for us long term, but for what he gives us now combined with that we can’t sign too many players then I see a Maddison as the perfect signing due to his versatility. Would mean that Miggy can still play an important part and we would have much better depth just by adding one player and most of all tons more variable options tactically. This compared to signing a pure RW that might not be much better now and also not give us the attacking option centrally that JM would. Him and a young quality unknown CM/CDM would be class, maybe in the mould of a Caicedo. I’d be over the moon with just one top quality signing tbh. 

Sorry for the waffle, I’m sure this could have been said with lot less words :lol:

27 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don’t see us getting him but boy would he be an amazing signing. Would bring goals and creativity. Simply a top class player. Something that I really like is the options he would give us because of his versatility. “Just” by adding him we would have so much more attacking options overall. With Willock and especially Miggy starting to show that he can be an integral part of the 1st team. Wouldn’t be easy to find a more pure RW who would do much better than Miggy right now, extra hard when you think about his work rate. 

I wouldn’t say for sure that Miggy will be a regular important 1st team player for us long term, but for what he gives us now combined with that we can’t sign too many players then I see a Maddison as the perfect signing due to his versatility. Would mean that Miggy can still play an important part and we would have much better depth just by adding one player and most of all tons more variable options tactically. This compared to signing a pure RW that might not be much better now and also not give us the attacking option centrally that JM would. Him and a young quality unknown CM/CDM would be class, maybe in the mould of a Caicedo. I’d be over the moon with just one top quality signing tbh. 

Sorry for the waffle, I’m sure this could have been said with lot less words :lol:

Maddison would be an excellent signing. Not quite sure where exactly he’d play but nevertheless absolute quality. I still think they’ll be looking for another wide forward goal option in the Diaby mould (Bayer Leverkausen are really struggling this season, or were). 

I have a player like Maddison playing with Bruno too, blimey. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think we might be priced out if the likes of City do go in for him but he’d be an excellent signing if we can get him. I think it’s more likely he moves next summer. 

Not a case of price - City don't often get bumped for price these days(JG obvsious exception). But it's guaranteed trophy and England place. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not a case of price - City don't often get bumped for price these days(JG obvsious exception). But it's guaranteed trophy and England place. 

And probably much higher wages.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Aye

You just wonder, 6 months less on his contract, chance of us getting top four….Be a real statement signing. More teams are going to sit against us at home and someone like Maddison to combine with Bruno to open teams up.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

11 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

You just wonder, 6 months less on his contract, chance of us getting top four….Be a real statement signing. More teams are going to sit against us at home and someone like Maddison to combine with Bruno to open teams up.

I'm not sure teams are going to sit back as you think. I think the high-press and variants of will become a lot more popular over the next couple of years.

“Me, Cal, Tripps and Popey have been having a bit of banter,” Maddison said. “It’s three on one with the Newcastle boys.

“We’ve been having a bit of banter about the Boxing Day game coming up and obviously there was a bit of speculation last summer. I think the Foxes will come out on top. I’ve been saying that all week.

“It’s obviously three on one so I’m getting outvoted. Newcastle have been in good form to be fair. Callum Wilson will have to have a quiet day on Boxing Day.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-maddison-leicester-newcastle-transfer-7873275