James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Ah right, so guess there may be some truth to it but his circumstance now might lend to him wanting to settle down and have football as the main focus, rather than capital life. Couldn’t remember if it was noises from his camp, maybe some agent comments. 

Was told for ages that Botman wanted AC Milan. Also heard a few "we should just move on" type posts about him.

Right now, there is nothing new to discuss. He might come here, he might not. We might not even be in for him, such is the media's lack of credibility at times.

We didn't sign Pope until the last week in June last year. So it's no surprise that nothing big has happened so far.

21 hours ago, OCK said:

Sorry, but nobody scouts on necks other than American Drill Sergeants. 

image.thumb.png.971107f40284cfa6c4c6ca5505334c56.png

Here you can see the deal is done, notice the handshake tattoo on his right arm. My analysis can reveal that those hands belong to Dan Ashworth and James Maddison's agent. 

Ah, but real sports science would tell you that the whole barely adequate facial hair thing they’ve both got going on is a contraindication. Less pass on the bumfluff barstewards. 

It’s win win if he joins us or spurs.

it’s a win if he joins us and will be a decent signing and can be part of the team for years.

if he picks spurs over us I’m also having that as a win for us. As it will show he prioritises living in London for the next 5 years over his career and being part of something really special and making his mark on football history. 

if he likes the idea of good shopping and at best the league cup, over potentially challenging for the CL he wasn’t right for our project. 

in a few weeks we will find out if he’s a bruno or a lingard. 

Spurs were tipped to finish top 3 by the majority preseason. Aye it went tits up for them but even 3/4 the way through a bad season they had a decent chance for top 4. 

They'll have a strong squad going into this season and it's not daft to think they could finish above us next year. Aye we are going to be a better project long term but it could still be 4/5 years before we can even compete financially with the other top 6 sides. I think a certain section of our fan base has became really arrogant after our first great season in years. 

Always found the "Maddison wants to live in London" chat a bit weird.

Born in Coventry. Played for them, then moved to Norwich. Loan spell in Aberdeen then a few years at Leicester. 

Why the fuck would he have any affinity to London?!

It's like saying any of us geordies would want to move to London. I mean maybe some of us do, but it feels like a bit of a reach and personally I can't think of anything worse.

Just now, Chris_R said:

Always found the "Maddison wants to live in London" chat a bit weird.

Born in Coventry. Played for them, then moved to Norwich. Loan spell in Aberdeen then a few years at Leicester. 

Why the fuck would he have any affinity to London?!

It's like saying any of us geordies would want to move to London. I mean maybe some of us do, but it feels like a bit of a reach and personally I can't think of anything worse.

Just what I heard living in Leicester, I genuinely haven’t the foggiest personally but literally all of my in laws and work colleagues are all Leicester fans and most say it.

16 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Spurs were tipped to finish top 3 by the majority preseason. Aye it went tits up for them but even 3/4 the way through a bad season they had a decent chance for top 4. 

They'll have a strong squad going into this season and it's not daft to think they could finish above us next year. Aye we are going to be a better project long term but it could still be 4/5 years before we can even compete financially with the other top 6 sides. I think a certain section of our fan base has became really arrogant after our first great season in years. 

Was thinking the same

16 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Agreed.  There is an odd assumption from many that we’ve now broken into the big boys’ club.  We’re still a fair distance from the Sky Six revenue-wise, never mind competing for the top honours.  Spurs are still a bigger club in that regard - it is worth remembering that they finished 8th but could easily have finished higher and that is considered a bad season.  I still think our target should be 8th or higher next season. 

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Just what I heard living in Leicester, I genuinely haven’t the foggiest personally but literally all of my in laws and work colleagues are all Leicester fans and most say it.

Well I could understand if he heard Arsenal or Spurs were in for him, he'd fancy a move to those clubs which may manifest itself as 'wanting to move to London', but having a desire to only live in that specific city irrespective of club doesn't make any sense at all.

I mean, do we think he would he fancy a move to Brentford or Palace? They're in London, after all. It just doesn't make any sense to me. He's got (to my knowledge) no connection with the city.

Edited by Chris_R

28 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Fuckin amen

9 hours ago, Gawalls said:

For some reason a lot of Leicester fans have heat with Spurs as a club. Maybe it's just resentment that they are still seen as a big club despite winning nothing in decades, and we are still "little old Leicester" despite the PL and Cup wins. Whatever the reason, if our star player wants a move to Spurs certain fans portray it as "he wants to move to London". I think it's the only way they can process it. Me, I'm more concerned with how we replace the geezer. 

53 minutes ago, foxghost said:

For some reason a lot of Leicester fans have heat with Spurs as a club. Maybe it's just resentment that they are still seen as a big club despite winning nothing in decades, and we are still "little old Leicester" despite the PL and Cup wins. Whatever the reason, if our star player wants a move to Spurs certain fans portray it as "he wants to move to London". I think it's the only way they can process it. Me, I'm more concerned with how we replace the geezer. 

Hendrick is your man! 

:troll: