James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Where would the encouragement be from though ? Certainly not Leicester. I think it will take around 50 million plus add ons, I’m not sure we will go that high.

Leicester operate on tight financials, if Maddison had 4 years left on his contract they'd probably tell us to piss off. But when a player is down to 2 years, then £50m is a pretty tempting sum. They can use that to buy two players of the standard they usually sign.

Eh ? Not sure what’s funny tbh, all that matters is what Leicester want, I’m pretty sure they aren’t telling us to bid 20 million less than they want

You do this every single transfer window, are you not a fully grown man at this point? They're working with much more data and intel than we are, there'll be a very clear bidding strategy in play.

Eh ? Not sure what’s funny tbh, all that matters is what Leicester want, I’m pretty sure they aren’t telling us to bid 20 million less than they want

Think the implication is that the encouragement is coming from the player’s camp. 

Just now, Rich said:

You do this every single transfer window, are you not a fully grown man at this point? They're working with much more data and intel than we are, there'll be a very clear bidding strategy in play.

What on earth are you even talking about ? Do what every single window ? We have had 2 windows under these owners, before that I couldn’t have given a fuck what we did in the window under Ashley. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It's much more complex than that though. We must be getting information from some party that has let us know there is a chance Leicester might move him for less. And so we go in lower and work from there.

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Think the implication is that the encouragement is coming from the player’s camp. 

If the players camp are telling us to bid that low, it would suggest they are indeed using our interest to get either flush out other clubs or get him a better contract.

If the players camp are telling us to bid that low, it would suggest they are indeed using our interest to get either flush out other clubs or get him a better contract.

Yep, quite possibly. But isn’t it the same agency that has Trippier on its books?

Just now, KaKa said:

Again ... no :lol:

I didn't come on here berating the club for not bidding for those two, or whingeing about them going for Maddison instead.

I simply said they were two quality alternatives, and that personally I'd go for them for the much lower prices, but would be comfortable with the call the club made as they seem to be prioritising Prem experience.

I haven't seen people berate the club. I've seen people confused by the approach of both low ball and back loading offers for players whose value is obviously going to be in excess of 50m.

Essentially, you're saying people can only have an opinion but only if it's a positive one.

You offer up alternative players as if you know better than the club but others can't ask questions on how we've approached bids?

I've not seen many (if any) outright criticise the club. Most are just trying to understand the logic behind it.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hawk K implied it with his post or at least that’s what I took from it. 

Nope, didn't say that at all. Could have @'d me so I'd pick this up more easily.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's much more complex than that though. We must be getting information from some party that has let us know there is a chance Leicester might move him for less. And so we go in lower and work from there.

But as I said earlier I’m basing it off the latest reports saying we won’t go anywhere near Leicesters valuation.  Im not kicking off or having a go at the owners, it’s an opinion based of the latest news. As I said it could be a load of rubbish.

Seems to be a theme on here that if anyone dares raises a question or disagrees with the owners then you are jumped on.

Edited by SUPERTOON

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hawk K implied it with his post or at least that’s what I took from it. 

To clarify, I was directly responding to Supertoon questioning why we're supposedly underbidding for players.

4 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

I kind of hate having instantaneous access to incomplete and unreliable information. :lol:  

Bingo hard trying to be upset about something that may or may not be true. Especially when most journalists will probably make things look better/worse then whats actually happening as it generates more click,

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The encouragement could be coming from agents, it could be coming from the player, it could be coming from someone at Leicester who knows they need to sell quickly. Who knows? As things stand, it's still not 100% clear whether this bid has actually been rejected.

Yeah possibly, my original post was based of Hope saying it’s been rejected and we won’t go near the asking price. 

I mean, if it is being helped along by the agents, I suppose the clubs are being told to keep chipping away at the valuation until he puts in an official transfer request. If it works it’s quite sensible. But this is all speculation 

Leiceter want £60m.

We offer £35m.

Rejected. Word comes out they will accept £50m up front.

We offer £40m.

Rejected. Player puts in a transfer request.

We offer £45-50m structured deal.

Accepted.

Maybe that's it, maybe it's not, nee cunt knows :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The first bid wasn't accepted because it was too low, some might say deliberately too low.

The second bid wasn't accepted because we raised our offer for the second bid, so why wouldn't you get the buying club to up the bid again?

As I said yesterday, this is where it gets interesting. It will either fall flat on its arse or Leicester will give us some encouragement.

The most important thing right now is the player. Maddison at this point needs to put pressure on the club to come to an agreement. He should hand in a transfer request if necessary. That puts Leicester in a corner somewhat. 

Ashworth and Co will have thought this through. They won't pay 60m for him but then Leicester know that. We might reach 55m with clauses and that would be enough IMO.