James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I actually think The Guardian don't run with this unless they have had it confirmed on both sides, and are pretty confident that's the end of it. Wouldn't be shocked to see another target emerge tomorrow. Or a renewed bid for an existing one. 

The second bid will almost certainly be knocked back, but it seems they're still negotiating. I'm guessing this gets done as an undisclosed fee. Leicester will claim it was near the £60 million mark and we'll breif local journos that it was much lower than that to comply with our budget. Everyone saves face.

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Maddison's really good like, but putting that amount of money down on him alone, in a position that isn't an immediate priority? Not for me Jeff, I'd be keeping Bruno in his influential role, going for a dedicated DM, and putting that money to use on Diaby or similar. 

You have no idea how Howe wants to use him 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Maddison's really good like, but putting that amount of money down on him alone, in a position that isn't an immediate priority? Not for me Jeff, I'd be keeping Bruno in his influential role, going for a dedicated DM, and putting that money to use on Diaby or similar. 

I personally think we'd get more from Maddison & Almiron/Fraser, than we would from Diaby & Willock/Longstaff/Shelvey.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I personally think we'd get more from Maddison & Almiron/Fraser, than we would from Diaby & Willock/Longstaff/Shelvey.

Obviously. We have nothing to go off with Diaby, could be a complete flop for all we would know. At least with Maddison we can base it on what he's already done in the league.

I'd love him to sign, really think it would accelerate everything.

12 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

The amount of goal contributions he could add to us would be massive and less of a risk than say a Diaby or a ST that ends up sat on the bench behind Wilson.

Not a priority but to much of an improvement to pass up imo.

It doesn't sit right with me like, spending all of that money to bolster an already decent AM position and taking funds away from spending on positions where we're starting Almiron/Fraser, and are an injury away from starting Chris Wood up front. I'm sure it'll be down to things that we're not aware of (Diaby not wanting to come regardless of our offer, for example) - but it just feels a bit weird. 

13 minutes ago, madras said:

Most deals are structured now aren't they, at least I'm lead to believe they are and we've just seen how easy it is to bring forward monies. I don't think it would be the structure like that, more the basic figure and the add ons. For example an extra 5mill if we win the Champs league compared to an extra 5mill if we get in to Europe type thing.

That's down the back of the sofa money for our owners in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I get why people want him but personally I can’t stand him, he’s an arsehole of a player, would find him difficult to root for.

Would be very different if he was our asshole.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I get why people want him but personally I can’t stand him, he’s an arsehole of a player, would find him difficult to root for.

I'm massively indifferent about it all for this reason. Happens, doesn't happen. I can see positives both sides.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't see us moving on. Think we'll still do it. If we move on to lesser targets you'll get those clubs saying well if you were going to pay £45m plus £5m for Maddison we want the same for player y. We'll get this done.

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

So was Craig Bellamy.....