James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

All seems a bit too obvious this.

Why is what Coady said ‘naughty’?

Unless he just means because they are all together at the World Cup and they are supposed to all be on the same side.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

All seems a bit too obvious this.

Why is what Coady said ‘naughty’?

Unless he just means because they are all together at the World Cup and they are supposed to all be on the same side.

Would he have asked Saka for a prediction of the Arsenal West Ham game?

Been insisting to myself that we won't get him in January but watching that I can't help get the thought of him sat in the cathedral next to Mehrdad during Fulham (h) on the 15th January before holding the shirt up alongside Neccie Howe post game out of my head.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, TotalWar said:

I think both Maddison and Wilson are from Coventry too.

Wilson seems like a great bloke, easy to get on with, as do Pope and Trippier. I think we couldn't have three better ambassadors to subtly persuade Maddison.

Obviously we don’t know for certain whether the club still want him, or, if they do, whether he will be a priority signing in January, and we don’t know what motivates him with regard to his career. Could be he desperately wants to play in London, or for an already established CL team, but if he wants to play for a club where he will be loved, cared for, developed, be part of a family feel etc, then he couldnt find a better club than us. Starting for  us or sitting in Man City’s bench?
He could look at the way Eddie has developed players and resurrected their careers here, and want that for himself.

Or look at the fact there are 3 Newcastle players in the England squad, Newcastle who’ve been also rans for years.

We have a heck of a lot going for us now. Its often thought that players like to buy into a ‘project’, we have the best ‘project’ in the league.

We have lots going for us at the moment but as you say we just don’t know the finer details. He certainly fits the bill as an ideal signing. I mean the thought of him linking up with Bruno et al at St James is mental.