Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Would take any of those 3 Chelsea players as they’d all add something to our squad. 

Gallagher probably provides the most pressing need but Ziyech would be my preferred of the 3. Miggy surely can’t run all season like that and Murphy isn’t going to offer cutting-edge if you’re going to sustain a European push. 

Even Loftus-Cheek would be a good alternative to Longstaff. 

Sign all them [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, Collage said:

Hi Luke

OK - why don't you get the two pieces of content, and explain to me where the inconsistency is? He literally says nothing is imminent and they're telling me that, but I suspect they will sign someone. He is now suggesting that we've inquired as to player available from Chelsea, which is plausible given that they're signing a bunch of players so we may be able to nab a PL ready player to plug-in and go at a position of need in the squad. 

Get out of the echo chamber for 5 minutes; the oxygen is nicer here anyway. Good grief.

34 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve mentioned this before but I really can’t see Gallagher giving up a current starting place in the Chelsea team or even spot in the squad. He’s an absolutely massive Chelsea fan along with his dad. I know he had a loan spell at WBA but everything Ive heard about him via Chelsea fans screams he wouldn’t even move north of the M25 if he could avoid it and is extremely rooted in the south.

As a player I’ve not been that impressed by him watching him against us and bits on TV last season and this. So admittedly limited amount.

Heres his backstory for anyone interested. Very in-depth.

https://lifebogger.com/conor-gallagher-childhood-biography-story-facts/

Love how everyone just totally ignores your post- for what it’s worth I think you’re right.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Love how everyone just totally ignores your post- for what it’s worth I think you’re right.

Not really ignoring it, but the club will know if he wants to come or not more than anyone on here. We won’t bid if he wouldn’t come up here.

There’s alot to be had from Gallagher under our set up I think, I’d trust Howe to get the best from him. He’d be a pretty shrewd signing imo.

Although id bet 99% of links this window are inaccurate.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not really ignoring it, but the club will know if he wants to come or not more than anyone on here. We won’t bid if he wouldn’t come up here.

Wasn’t the club who reported it - was journalists.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Wasn’t the club who reported it - was journalists.

I’m not saying it was, but we have been strongly linked the last couple of windows so it’s likely we hold an interest. If that is the case we won’t be interested if he himself wasn’t willing to move up here.

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

OK - why don't you get the two pieces of content, and explain to me where the inconsistency is? He literally says nothing is imminent and they're telling me that, but I suspect they will sign someone. He is now suggesting that we've inquired as to player available from Chelsea, which is plausible given that they're signing a bunch of players so we may be able to nab a PL ready player to plug-in and go at a position of need in the squad. 

Get out of the echo chamber for 5 minutes; the oxygen is nicer here anyway. Good grief.

Relax man. His first tweet was condescending. History suggests he knows nothing at all.

31 minutes ago, Collage said:

Hi Luke

Fuck it, I'll do it for you. 

In his first tweet, he says: "I still think they will do something towards end of window but nothing certain". 

In his second tweet, he says "Newcastle looking at Chelsea trio as they wait to see who is going surplus at Stamford Bridge". 

He has been entirely consistent. He thinks, but doesn't know for certain, that we will sign someone. He is now reporting that we are considering signing someone from Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Relax man. His first tweet was condescending. History suggests he knows nothing at all.

History actually suggests that this forum has a narrative about him that they will bend facts to suit. He's been wrong before but he's also been right before, like pretty much every journalist writing about us. 

Gallagher would be a no brainer for me. He's a Howe kind of player, his end product is good and he will only get better. The only question for me is would we want to bring in someone better than Gallagher for that role, which I wouldnt be averse to. Depends on our strategy. Ziyech is a lovely little player but he's not a presser, hard to see him fitting in to our off the ball play, despite his fantastic delivery. RLC nah ta. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Gallagher would be a no brainer for me. He's a Howe kind of player, his end product is good and he will only get better. The only question for me is would we want to bring in someone better than Gallagher for that role, which I wouldnt be averse to. Depends on our strategy. Ziyech is a lovely little player but he's not a presser, hard to see him fitting in to our off the ball play, despite his fantastic delivery. RLC nah ta. 

This is what I feel as well. Ziyech probably wont fit in to the Howe system and RLC is just an Everton signing in the making. Gallagher would be massive if we could get the same Gallagher that was on loan at Crystal Palace.

Just now, Theregulars said:

History actually suggests that this forum has a narrative about him that they will bend facts to suit. He's been wrong before but he's also been right before, like pretty much every journalist writing about us. 

Yes but his tone, manner, whatever is unique, see my reply a page or two back

I can't think why anyone would have an agenda against Edwards. Could it be openly admitting he enjoys winding up the fanbase? His brown nosing of Steve Bruce? His dog whistling? His generally inaccurate reporting? It's an absolute mystery. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I can't think why anyone would have an agenda against Edwards. Could it be openly admitting he enjoys winding up the fanbase? His brown nosing of Steve Bruce? His dog whistling? His generally inaccurate reporting? It's an absolute mystery. 

Odd that, right? Truly baffling after writing piece after piece with Commander Cabbage's ass on top of his head. I shouldn't be wound up by him, but that gobshite fucker of a "journalist" gets on my nerves.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

He only winds up the idiot element of the fan base. He’s never wound me up. As for his reporting he’s been as accurate as any of the others 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Disagree, he's one of the best pressing midfielders in the country when he's on form. It's getting that consistency from him that's key.

Absolutely, and he also scored goals and did show that consistency last season at Palace. More specifically in a midfield three as a number 8, which is how we'd use him.

It's an absolute no brainer to take advantage of Chelsea's stupidity and steal some of their talented youth players off them, while their values are down.

I'd also take Loftus-Cheek as an added versatile piece to have in the squad. Another who has been messed about by Chelsea. At various points I've seen this guy play on the left, as a number 10, as a number 8 and even at wing back. 

Chelsea have no idea of what they are doing. We should take full advantage.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Well, if you’re a functioning adult who can deal with nuance then you can dislike something a person has said or done but still concede to reality when they’ve said something completely accurate or fair on a different matter. I don’t think his reporting is generally inaccurate, for what it’s worth. The Bruce relationship and fan-goading were shit, yes; doesn’t mean you need to maintain an agenda. It’s amazing but people who do something you don’t like can also do something you’re ok with…