Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Much more likely, in my eyes, that we go for someone cheaper and less risky.

I'm not sure I could give you a name bit I wouldn't be surprised to see us try and get someone more "PL proven".

Don't have a pop at me but I could absolutely see us trying to get McTominay.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Yeah wtf dissing Ritchie, now he is a limited footballer who no longer has a place, but his attitude has been top notch, he has been a leader and he called Bacon a prick and still couldnt be dropped by him. he is owed some respect, and while we have a lot more money now there's no reason we should suddenly become pricks sneering at footballers that maybe aren't good enough for the club anymore but have been good loyal servants in difficult times. 

Exactly, Ritchie is and will always be a big part of this club's triumph over adversity during the Rafa years.

Strangely, Ronaldo extends that deserved respect to Dwight Gayle, but has the opposite attitude towards Matt Ritchie.

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Exactly, Ritchie is and will always be a bit part of this club's triumph over adversity during the Rafa years.

Strangely, Ronaldo extends that deserves respect to Dwight Gayle, but has the opposite attitude towards Matt Ritchie.

Just preferred Gayle’s head down attitude. Probably helps that he wasn’t nearly relied upon as much post-2017 compared to Ritchie.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Think it's an interesting question that... what kind of midfielder do you think would be the best to add to Joe and Bruno in the middle?

Someone like Maddison would take us up a level in terms of having two players in CM who can pick out passes at an extremely high level. The thoughts of Maddison and Bruno playing through balls for Isak and Wilson, man.

You could go for a holding midfielder like Alvarez that would allow Bruno license to get forward more, would help us protect the back four a lot better too.

Or someone like Haidara as another all action CM in there. Joelinton and Haidara either side of Bruno would be really hard for teams to play against, the pressing would be akin to Lou Thesz in his prime.

Honestly have no idea which I'd prefer, probably a Maddison type.

Already nailed my colours to the mast earlier in this thread. Alvarez or someone of his type. Maddison is pure quality, but a talented CDM alongside Bruno in midfield is what dreams are made of.

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just passing accuracy and long passes are like the top 1 and 2 centile.

Could be wrong but (wanky term aside) the “eye test” suggests he’s a very safe passer. Ajax fans are always complaining that he isn’t a good enough passer for how they like to play.

Do think we could really do with a safe and simple destroyer like him though; Joelinton aside, we’re fairly lightweight in the middle of the park.

Think Maddison would have probably played as a narrow wide player if we got him. 

Possibly why we never went higher than we did if we feel like we could go back in for Diaby for that role in the next window or two. 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is he any good ? 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Wasn’t called out but he’s a very effective destroyer although slightly limited in terms of his passing (which has improved recently tbf). Basically a rich man’s Hayden. I don’t think Ajax fans like him all that much, but he’d be great for us as we don’t have another midfielder like him (a pure defensive dm) currently.

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, LV said:

I really want Bruno back further up the pitch scoring goals like the one against Norwich. And Arsenal. 

He actually played the same role for those games that he is now. He just gets up the pitch a lot more.