Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Wonder if Douglas Luiz is still on our radar as a more budget option? We were apparently sniffing around him in January and there were quite a few links in June/July.

His contract is up at the end of the season, and he’s started Villa’s first three league games on the bench. Scored direct from a corner against Bolton the other night.

I know @brummiedoesn’t rate him, but he could be a good fit in our midfield three.

When we were linked with him previously I looked into him a bit and interestingly enough he played as the DM alongside Bruno in a midfield pairing for the Olympic team in 2021.

Villa are a bit sensitive about us at the minute though, so I just don't see them selling to us.

Think I much prefer Alvarez anyway. I like the intimidating team of giants we're building.

Spending £100m on two players in the space of a week would be quite incredible.

Alvarez would certainly add some power and aggression to an already powerful and aggressive midfield. I like it.

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

It slams shut in 6 days, 33 minutes, and 22 seconds.

(11pm on Thursday)

Exciting days. Time to put the countdown in the thread header?

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Booooomers 

Gen X, if you care. My first number 4 was David McCreery, 4ft stood on a box. He was never going to be a CB. Although we did sign him from Man U [no we didn't, he came via Canada]

Edited by Happinesstan

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Amadou Haidara or Edson Alvarez please 

Didn't realise the athletic have teased we are going to go back in for him. Haidara would almost be the best thing we could get. Would be stunning.

Edited by toontownman

4 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Giggling reading this thread and some of the names we're talking about, how fucking stupid. :lol: Is this what supporting a football club and NUFC is meant to be? Mental.

Keegan and John Hall times were quite like this, we were always being linked to this player or that player. It was brilliant, I can only remember sulking for about a month when Keegan sold Cole, I think it hurt more because it was to Man Utd, I was livid.

Then, when we signed Les Ferdinand, he ended being just as great and all was forgotten. It was us that set all the British transfer records, Cole to Utd was a record, then Shearer to us also a record. 

Then not long after, transfers just went mental. But it feels like it's going full circle, I never, ever, thought I'd be able to relive my football youth , I thought it was over, I get to feel it all again, only this time probably see a trophy, and my daughter enjoy it also.

Funny how things eventually work out.

😎

20 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Maddison, Pedro and Gallagher all on transfer day would have me spunking forever. 

That sounds both painful and inconvenient :undecided:

(the spunking forever part, not the signings) 

Edited by Peppe

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Keegan and John Hall times were quite like this, we were always being linked to this player or that player. It was brilliant, I can only remember sulking for about a month when Keegan sold Cole, I think it hurt more because it was to Man Utd, I was livid.

Then, when we signed Les Ferdinand, he ended being just as great and all was forgotten. It was us that set all the British transfer records, Cole to Utd was a record, then Shearer to us also a record. 

Then not long after, transfers just went mental. But it feels like it's going full circle, I never, ever, thought I'd be able to relive my football youth , I thought it was over, I get to feel it all again, only this time probably see a trophy, and my daughter enjoy it also.

Funny how things eventually work out.

😎

my era too growing up , I was 18 , we set the trends , the big signings.Now it feels like we are gonna end up mixing with the big boys in England again. Make no mistake it’s going to take A LOT of money to get close and even if we never win a trophy I don’t care . I feel alive and at one with the club like I did back then. I’m well aware of where the money is coming from and it does sit a little uncomfortable but I’ve been involved in this club since I first went in 1976 and I’m consumed by it again , it’s my life again , it’s got me again .

I’m loving every second of this :indi:

Just thinking of the names we were linked to this time last year. Our biggest deadline day hope was Choudary on loan. 

after the window we’ve had and we are still hoping we will pull off at least a few loan deals before it “slams shut”

To think, if we continue to progress things will get even more crazy during transfer windows.

24 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Matt O’Riley 

3ED04EBD-2AED-43A7-8BCD-AB066622EB50.thumb.png.402132c870e30170832faa8e3aaf2ff9.png81CB6631-B88D-44D7-B299-28A70A4A49A8.thumb.jpeg.01706bafa8676a2efee667163bf84a84.jpeg

Seen he’s been linked on the BBC gossip page with some big clubs this morning.

Celtic and Denmark Under-21 midfielder Matt O'Riley, 21, is attracting attention from Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. (ESPN)

Edited by Whitley mag

3 hours ago, GWN said:

my era too growing up , I was 18 , we set the trends , the big signings.Now it feels like we are gonna end up mixing with the big boys in England again. Make no mistake it’s going to take A LOT of money to get close and even if we never win a trophy I don’t care . I feel alive and at one with the club like I did back then. I’m well aware of where the money is coming from and it does sit a little uncomfortable but I’ve been involved in this club since I first went in 1976 and I’m consumed by it again , it’s my life again , it’s got me again .

I’m loving every second of this :indi:

Absolutely, that's the strangest part. I believe eventually though most elite clubs if not all, the money will be coming from channels that are out of supporters control, and principles. In fact nearly all sports I'd guess. Yourself and myself, our fellow supporters we didn't get involved or choose the way things are, we just stayed loyal to our passion. Nobody's to blame, were addicted to Nufc, we have to be, we're still here after Mike Ashley.