Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Never heard of him, Kaka, Ikon, any info please?

Wasn’t called out but he’s a very effective destroyer although slightly limited in terms of his passing (which has improved recently tbf). Basically a rich man’s Hayden. I don’t think Ajax fans like him all that much, but he’d be great for us as we don’t have another midfielder like him (a pure defensive dm) currently.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Wasn’t called out but he’s a very effective destroyer although slightly limited in terms of his passing (which has improved recently tbf). Basically a rich man’s Hayden. I don’t think Ajax fans like him all that much, but he’d be great for us as we don’t have another midfielder like him (a pure defensive dm) currently.

Sorry, should have mentioned you, your info lately has been top notch :thup:

31 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Can see us keeping Ritchie around for his leadership qualities off the pitch/around the dressing room.

Not sure how kicking flags and generally being shit for 4 years makes you a leader.

Yeah if we were to bring in a destroyer DM it would leave us a bit light on players who you really would fancy to pick out a pass.

Would be a bit much on Bruno's plate, which is why the idea of a Maddison type appeals to me and leave Bruno deeper. He's not really a destroyer but he's sharp defensively IMO and Joe is the real physical presence in there.

Relaxed about any links from here on out.

Pretty damn happy about the squad. One more who could play in either RW or CM would be groovy but don't mind if the club have decided that's enough for this window.

Just now, Holloway said:

Eddie is showing a touch of sentimentality giving Ritchie that game time, he is ruined at this stage, offers nothing 

Aye Ritchie has gone. He's a cheerleader now.

Happy enough if we let him go.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not sure how kicking flags and generally being shit for 4 years makes you a leader.

It could be more things like looking out for players, like he did with Longstaff, or sticking up for them, like he did against Bruce. Just a hunch.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye Ritchie has gone. He's a cheerleader now.

Happy enough if we let him go.

He's probably intoxicated with it all, but might need an end of career smoother from somewhere to run about and hack people

We were linked (if true) with three different types of midfielders the past month. Maddison (offensive), Kone (central midfielder/ box to box), and Alvarez (defensive midfielder). It will be interesting to see what type we are going to end up with.