Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We bid for Nzogbia with 1 hour left once didn't we? :lol:

That was back when we bid for players purely for show. Got the Carroll money in and knew they had to at least make it look like they tried. Just went with the player they knew wasn't for sale and, in the unlikely event of the bid actually being accepted, wasn't interested in coming anyway. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

That was back when we bid for players purely for show. Got the Carroll money in and knew they had to at least make it look like they tried. Just went with the player they knew wasn't for sale and, in the unlikely event of the bid actually being accepted, wasn't interested in coming anyway. 

The Brian Ruiz one was a low point. Loads of talk of Ashley's transfercopter being on standby but absolutely fuck all happened.

Yeah it’s just typical deadline day shenanigans so far, vague stuff to string the fans along until midnight tonight. If there’s anything of substance happening we should hear about it within an hour or two, if not I’d say that’s that.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Happinesstan said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say no more transfers. Journos know this but they're not going to tell you, obvs.

I can think of one particular reporter who would bite his own dick off to be able to say just that.

Oh well… Good window which I would give a 7/10 rating. Some very good deals done but also failed to strengthen our priority wide position and CM. Still very happy overall. One more quality player in and it would be a 9. Or 9.5/10 window.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Pope, Botman and Isak, for a combined £90 million [not forgetting securing Targett] is 10/10 for where we are right now. Don't care what anybody says.

What if we sign Tielemans before the window shuts? Will that still be a 10/10?

I think I'd give the window an 8/10 if it stays like this. Targett was a must really given his performances last season. Botman was a huge signing and shows that we're competing for some of the best up-and-coming talent in Europe. Nick Pope has proved to be an outstanding signing and should be our keeper for years and years to come. I would have given the window a 6/10 but I never thought we'd be able to land Isak. That elevates it to an 8/10 for me. I know we're still massively weak in certain areas but it can't all be done in one or two windows. The signings we have made are all very high quality with potential for Botman and Isak to get better and better. One thing I would have liked would have been to move on more dead wood and bring in a few pragmatic signings but it just shows how terrible our wider squad is