Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

33 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Me neither tbh. Maddison and Enzo Fernandez next summer ;) Probably my dream signing for CM. Would be content with Merino too…

Enzo Fernandez is a great example of why we should be scouting the South American market, sold for 10 million in the summer by River Plate and now valued at over 100 million.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Enzo Fernandez is a great example of why we should be scouting the South American market, sold for 10 million in the summer by River Plate and now valued at over 100 million.

He’s pure sex on FIFA.

17 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Next signing is so important in terms of not upsetting the balance.

My concern isn’t so much about our starting 11 anymore, it’s more about how we could cope with certain players getting injured, Trippier for 1.. and then Bruno, you just can’t replace them from what we have currently.

This is why someone like Maddison would be important. If Bruno gets injured, at least we have some craft from midfield. Shelvey is an able deputy in the "6" position and while not being as good, it's the same for all good players and good sides.

Liverpool would struggle without Van Dijk, City without De Bruyne, Spurs without Kane. Etc. We can't live in too much fear that good players will get injured.

Trippier is mainly a risk because Krafth is also injured, who again is an able deputy, when available.

The issue is when you have Bruno AND Trippier AND Wilson, for example but again it's the same for everyone. You have to try and have the best squad you can and hope for a bit of luck.

From a transfer perspective, I like the idea of Maddison because he could play where Miggy is or where Longstaff is. He's an elite player who can play in a couple positions, which is rare.

5 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I just can’t see Leicester selling Maddison in January for any price, especially if they’re still towards the bottom of the table.

I can - if he wants to go and we pay the price he'll be sold. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

So he could technically leave in the summer if he's unwilling to resign?

Or does a number of appearances or some clause trigger it.......

I think it's unclear. One thing is for certain, Dan Ashworth will know.

39 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

His contract is up in 2023, but HE has an option to extend for another 12 months.

The Athletic says the extension is triggered by the club. 

“Belgium forward Trossard and Argentina midfielder Mac Allister currently have deals which expire in June 2024.

Those deals including one-year options for the club, as previously reported by The Athletic, but both players could now be set for an extended stay.”

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

The Athletic says the extension is triggered by the club. 

“Belgium forward Trossard and Argentina midfielder Mac Allister currently have deals which expire in June 2024.

Those deals including one-year options for the club, as previously reported by The Athletic, but both players could now be set for an extended stay.”

Potter himself came out and said the option was Trossard's :-X I reckon Ashworth will know though :love:

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Potter himself came out and said the option was Trossard's :-X I reckon Ashworth will know though :love:

Fair enough- haven’t seen those quotes anywhere, just Potter saying the contract wasn’t ending until 2024 ?

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I assume that's the salary cap thing isn't it?

Yeah it will be related, it's just really funny to know exactly what everyone is on. Even players obviously know that someone else in the squad is on 10 times as much as them.

Barring injuries I can't see us bringing in more than one player this January. Literally no one is underperforming - probably not a good idea to bring in a few players upsetting the balance at such a time. If I had to guess we'd bring in a winger but I'm pretty sure it's going to be dependant on the injury situation. Could be a classic DM, even a left back.