Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Trossard, Maddison and a right back understudy (but able to start) to Trippier would be ideal. Either way I’m happy in the knowledge that whoever they sign will be carefully thought out and fit the bill. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

46 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think we would have him in the squad due to his age and talent but he won't get a work permit. I less he tears up the WC.

Doesn’t he already qualify for a work permit? Hence why we delayed the deal until after the last international break?

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t actually expect us to do much in January. If we could get one of those Brazilian prospects I think we will but wouldn’t expect much more. 

Same. I think we’ll be checking if some of the players we were after before are available at knock down prices due to contract situations, but other than that I would expect the focus to be on bringing in younger players who we can mould into future star players or sell for profit down the line. 

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Same. I think we’ll be checking if some of the players we were after before are available at knock down prices due to contract situations, but other than that I would expect the focus to be on bringing in younger players who we can mould into future star players or sell for profit down the line. 

I think it depends on if they feel they have enough in the squad to push on and how much they decide to go for it given our 4th place currently. If there’s a deal to be had I think they’ll sign someone but it’ll be real quality over quantity. 

Maddison seems nailed on, he was obviously our main target in the summer (after we'd signed Botman) and there's little reason that would have changed. Almiron's turn around, Isak coming in, and Howe showing he's happy to play Joelinton further up the pitch means we aren't as desperate for a winger as we seemed, and if Maddison comes in he can play there too.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Maddison would take us to even higher level like, would be a transformative signing.  Just can’t see it unfortunately in the next window and if he runs his contract down I think there’ll be other clubs who can offer him a much better wage packet than us 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Maddison seems nailed on, he was obviously our main target in the summer (after we'd signed Botman) and there's little reason that would have changed. Almiron's turn around, Isak coming in, and Howe showing he's happy to play Joelinton further up the pitch means we aren't as desperate for a winger as we seemed, and if Maddison comes in he can play there too.

Maddison would really add that extra attacking edge too particularly against teams sitting in against us at home. 

Just now, Andy84 said:

Maddison would take us to even higher level like, would be a transformative signing.  Just can’t see it unfortunately in the next window and if he runs his contract down I think there’ll be other clubs who can offer him a much better wage packet than us 

If it was just about the wage packet some wouldn’t  choose us. We’re an exciting prospect, with a project to learn, develop & grow with. Things are happening here. We can feel it, the pundits can see and feel it. We’re worth taking a  chance on now. 

Some of our missed summer targets may be having second thoughts now too! 

onwards and upwards  :indi:

Normally if we were say in 9th or 10th place or thereabouts I don’t think we would do any major business whatsoever. However, there’s a real opportunity at this moment and season. We have done better than expected, we are very high up the table and looking very strong already with lots of other teams either struggling or not reaching their full potential. There’s the opportunity and a massive chance to at least try and aim for too 4 and maybe even reach it by the end of the season with some luck regarding injuries and the massive wave of momentum we are riding right now. Everything is possible. Think we have a good chance to attract most players now and push on even further, even if it’s not always easy to sign players in January. I also don’t think we should sign more than 1-2 quality players. Massive opportunity now to take advantage this season, even if it means taking money from next summers budget. Makes no difference, we just need to sign less in the summer so might as well do it now. 

Next season many teams might be going strongly, and we might be less good. I think the people running the club will think the same and go for it in January. IF we manage to reach the CL or even EL it would be massive in many ways. Go for it!

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Normally if we were say in 9th or 10th place or thereabouts I don’t think we would do any major business whatsoever. However, there’s a real opportunity at this moment and season. We have done better than expected, we are very high up the table and looking very strong already with lots of other teams either struggling or not reaching their full potential. There’s the opportunity and a massive chance to at least try and aim for too 4 and maybe even reach it by the end of the season with some luck regarding injuries and the massive wave of momentum we are riding right now. Everything is possible. Think we have a good chance to attract most players now and push on even further, even if it’s not always easy to sign players in January. I also don’t think we should sign more than 1-2 quality players. Massive opportunity now to take advantage this season, even if it means taking money from next summers budget. Makes no difference, we just need to sign less in the summer so might as well do it now. 

Next season many teams might be going strongly, and we might be less good. I think the people running the club will think the same and go for it in January. IF we manage to reach the CL or even EL it would be massive in many ways. Go for it!

This 👍🏻 

Momentum and a high level of consistency is massive, especially this year where most teams can beat the other team with some luck. If we manage to have consistency then that can take us very very far. Not many teams are consistent this year. Only Man City. Arsenal have been very good but I can see them dropping off if they have a couple of bad results. 

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Momentum and a high level of consistency is massive, especially this year where most teams can beat the other team with some luck. If we manage to have consistency then that can take us very very far. Not many teams are consistent this year. Only Man City. Arsenal have been very good but I can see them dropping off if they have a couple of bad results. 

“Fourth-placed Newcastle have now won five of their last six games. Eddie Howe's side are unbeaten in eight matches and have lost just one fixture all season. With this sort of momentum, this club is historically difficult to stop.

You have to go back to 2006 for the last time Newcastle won five Premier League games in a month and 2002 for the last time the Magpies won this many matches (18) in a calendar year. On both occasions, Newcastle ended up playing in Europe”

:tobey:

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

How’s this Diaby been doing this season - anyone watched him?

He scored in the champions league recently (Miggy type goal) but Leverkusen lost 2-0 yesterday though and are still in 16th.

Hes scored twice this season and 3 assists 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

My wish for Christmas is that we can sign reliable and similar quality backup for our vital players namely:

Pope

Trippier

Botman

Joelinton

Bruno 

ASM 

Wilson

When do we get the backup in, is anybody's guess. But I fear whoever we have as backup to these players now, aren't at the same,high level.

I imagine, among the players we will go back in for would be that young RB at West Ham that we failed to sign on deadline day.

Edited by nufcjb