Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Still think Bellingham would be "the one" if we went really big on a single player. Again, that's not saying we'd get him, he'll have better offers I'm sure, but if we intend blowing the beans on a single player then I'd go for him

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Genuinely wondering how they can keep spending how they are. Badashile and Fernandez would be £150m.

Looks like they sold 56M and bought 281M  for -225M

For comparison, Newcastle sold 2M and bought -136M for -134M

8 minutes ago, midds said:

Still think Bellingham would be "the one" if we went really big on a single player. Again, that's not saying we'd get him, he'll have better offers I'm sure, but if we intend blowing the beans on a single player then I'd go for him

He’s not as unrealistic as people believe he is. In this thread earlier someone was talking about how well have a whole presentation ready for someone like him; here’s how you fit in exactly and here’s how I will make you the best possible player you can be, etc. 

Ten minutes in person with Eddie and he’s ours. 

As nice and dreamy signing Enzo would be I don’t think he’s worth that much. Especially when you consider that we could get two super good players for the price. Or quite a few young ones with star potential that might be almost as good in a couple of years. Collectively/overall we would become stronger putting that amount on 2-3 players for example. 

Would be extremely surprised if we are in for him and I’m not sure he would come to us either. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

As nice and dreamy signing Enzo would be I don’t think he’s worth that much. Especially when you consider that we could get two super good players for the price. Or quite a few young ones with star potential that might be almost as good in a couple of years. Collectively/overall we would become stronger putting that amount on 2-3 players for example. 

Would be extremely surprised if we are in for him and I’m not sure he would come to us either. 

Yep, think it's cloud cuckoo land that we'd even consider spending that amount on one player. No chance, don't care who it is. Not in January and not until our income starts to really grow.

Would much rather get Maddison and say Kone for example from BMG if we have the money.

Im hoping for the likes of Franca and Perrone to name two younger potential stars. With a more proven 1st team wide player. 

Edited by Ikon

18 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Chelsea’s ability to spend and having a clean slate after the Roman ownership and sale is an absolute abomination in football. Crooked as fuck. 

How's it any different to our owners buying the club and wiping out the debt the club had to Ashley?

As far as EPL FFP is concerned Chelsea haven't been given a clean slate, the debt to Abramovic made no difference to that.

Chelsea have much higher revenue than us and so much more ability to spend while staying within FFP limits.

32 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Chelsea’s ability to spend and having a clean slate after the Roman ownership and sale is an absolute abomination in football. Crooked as fuck. 

They actually made money in transfers last year. I don't think it was a huge bill in 2020 either. I don't know how they stand with FFP with sponsorships and player amortization but if they were warned, I guess it's close.

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

How's it any different to our owners buying the club and wiping out the debt the club had to Ashley?

As far as EPL FFP is concerned Chelsea haven't been given a clean slate, the debt to Abramovic made no difference to that.

Chelsea have much higher revenue than us and so much more ability to spend while staying within FFP limits.

How was that revenue stream created ?

Should we have a good season or two after stretching FFP to it's extreme, say spending 1bill on players, then PIF sell on to a private Saudi company, are we debt free as regards FFP ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

How was that revenue stream created ?

Should we have a good season or two after stretching FFP to it's extreme, say spending 1bill on players, then PIF sell on to a private Saudi company, are we debt free as regards FFP ?

Debt makes no difference to EPL FFP other than the cost of interest on it.