Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t Hope? Say there’s a name on the list, that’s new? 

He did say there was a name he didn't expect or something to that affect but most links we have seem to be new ones if I'm honest 

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t Hope? Say there’s a name on the list, that’s new? 

Nah - I am convinced we have been linked with Varela in the past - Hope is getting no credit for this 

I broke the news … :)

Looks decent based on the 4 mins highlight vid :lol: 

Always hard to tell what the standard is like. But the fact he looked so composed on the ball, can pick a pass and seemed so efficient at winning the ball and then keeping hold of it after the tackle. Makes him look like an ideal candidate for the DM role. 

Hopefully some truth in the rumours. 

59 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

When I got into football in the late 90's there were two teams I followed. Newcastle and Boca Juniors. Haven't followed Argentine football since the early 2000's but I can say those fans down there a fucking nuts. You guys thought you had hooligans? They had like a 50 foot fence at River Plate and fans were climbing the damn thing.

https://somosfanaticos.fans/es/premierleague/Cuanto-dinero-quiere-pagar-Newcastle-por-el-argentino-Alan-Varela-20230102-0013.html

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar has ended and now all attention is back on what are the main leagues of the old continent. In this way, one of the great teams in the coming months will be none other than English Newcastle, a club that is positioned in third place in the local tournament with only 7 units from Arsenal.

However, this is not the only point for which the new millionaire would become protagonists in the coming hours and the same would have to do with an important move that the England box would have planned for the pass market. In this way, it was announced that Newcastle would be interested in the Argentine player Alan Varela, a central midfielder who plays for Boca Juniors and who is shown as one of the highest promises of Argentine football.

Based on this mentioned, the news could be announced from the information provided by the Argentine journalist "@faafiperez" on "D Sports Radio", where he echoed the interest of the Premier League team for the player in question.

In this context, it is known that Newcastle would have offered no less than the amount of 18 million euros for the 21-year-old midfielder who has a contract with the Argentine institution until December 2026. In turn, it can be said that the termination clause of the surname in question is 20 million dollars.

Finally, it should not be forgotten that Boca Juniors will play a new edition of the Copa Libertadores de América this year and that its young player in one of the fundamental pieces within the starting team so the decision to sell it will surely not be easy despite the enormous amount.

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

See he was linked with Barca last month? 

Came through an Argentine academy (the Boca one?) which Barca financially support in exchange for first refusal on players. They’ve previously seemingly looked at him as a Xavi/Busquets replacement but have hesitated on the fee.