Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Kone is a very similar signing to Bruno for me, slightly risky but you know if it works out they have a high ceiling.

Compare this to Tielemans who would undoubtedly be cheaper, but for me just wouldn’t add anything to our midfield balance. The best comparison I can think of is Bissouma joining Spurs, very decent player but has added nowt to them. 

We want a really athletic, physical player who can play progressive passes but also protect the back 4. Alternatively I’ve come round to the Maddison idea and he would also offer something entirely different to what we’ve got, especially after watching Leeds frustrate us at the weekend.

6 minutes ago, LV said:

Fuck this shit.

As has been said the club is debt free, but have massive revenue streams at nearly £440 million (20/21 figures) just from commercial deals, factor in the money they generate from loans and player sales. 

So spending like they are is well within FFP for at least this season and next as they are more then breaking even in revenue. 

The big questions should be can Potter get the best from these players, or any manager that follows, and can they grow there revenue streams even bigger ? 

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Kone is a very similar signing to Bruno for me, slightly risky but you know if it works out they have a high ceiling.

Compare this to Tielemans who would undoubtedly be cheaper, but for me just wouldn’t add anything to our midfield balance. The best comparison I can think of is Bissouma joining Spurs, very decent player but has added nowt to them. 

We want a really athletic, physical player who can play progressive passes but also protect the back 4. Alternatively I’ve come round to the Maddison idea and he would also offer something entirely different to what we’ve got, especially after watching Leeds frustrate us at the weekend.

How much do they want for Kone? Leicester want £33m for Tielemans reportedly.

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Eddie says no imminent signings and avoids naming the current squad players that he thinks we could do with upgrading.

Worrying. 

Blokes a genius enjoys challenging the top 6 with one hand tied behind his back. Yasir’s probably offered him Enzo and Kone already and he’s said hold off I’ll make Jurgen look like a right cunt first.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Or whatever they are able to within FFP 

Considering our net spend has been next to fuck all up until just the last year, I'm saying it now, we still have plenty of wiggle room. Take everything the club say on transfers and FFP with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Scoot

37 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Eddie says no imminent signings and avoids naming the current squad players that he thinks we could do with upgrading.

Worrying. 

Yeah he should have said that we are desperate to replace some of our players. That would lift the team spirit and lower our transfer costs.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Yeah he should have said that we are desperate to replace some of our players. That would lift the team spirit and lower our transfer costs.

The Antonio Conte style of management