Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Would definitely hold fire on Moukoko unless there is absolute certainty over his true age being as is claimed. 

:lol:

The latest reports were that he was actually 21. 

We should still snap him up even if that report is true. Still a great young prospect who can be had at great value due to his contract situation.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Talbot article on the last page is just total waffle. Some sources say that he'd be open to a move to Newcastle, others say he's staying in Germany. 

Can’t fail if you cover all your bases I suppose 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Anyone else excited? There’s no way we let Wood go without a striker in the pipeline.  ? We’re going to win… ? nah, can’t bring myself to type it. But ?… and now ‘I might just’ believe it… ? ?

Especially with his wages off the books and potentially a 15m boost to the auld FFP coffers.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else not think they may just be letting Wood go now Isak is back? Spent the first half of the season with only one backup striker, could be the same in the second half, just Isak instead of Wood in the squad.

I can envisage us not getting another forward in. I can’t see us not adding anyone. We’ve needed a CM since before Shelvey was injured.

So I’d be surprised and disappointed if we didn’t get one in after moving Wood on. 

27 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Anyone else excited? There’s no way we let Wood go without a striker in the pipeline.  ? We’re going to win… ? nah, can’t bring myself to type it. But ?… and now ‘I might just’ believe it… ? ?

I bet getting some of our players out the door wouldn't be easy, but, if we managed to move on Fraser even Murphy or Ritchie, Manquilo Lascelles? Freeing up that space could allow for something huge. 

Probably getting very carried away here though, I'd love us to be bold and that the owners are thinking what most of us are, cup semi and top four, should we do it?

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else not think they may just be letting Wood go now Isak is back? Spent the first half of the season with only one backup striker, could be the same in the second half, just Isak instead of Wood in the squad.

Already said it , there’s no one lined up . 

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

I think Howe is low key happy with his lot ya know. Maybe we’ll go back in for Maddison in summer. 

V disappointing so far though like. Would have loved to see us be a bit more proactive and build on the feel good factor.

Slowly does it , remember where we were not very long ago mate.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

Fair do’s. I would have just liked to see a new player in to push us even further  and maintain that great position we find ourselves in now.

January isn’t a great time to do it mate , the group are tight , let’s wait till summer .

Given the absence of options beyond Isak and Wilson, their recent injury issues, the importance of Champions League football, and the prospect of a Wembley final/cup win, I don’t see any scenario where we shove someone out the door (who doesn’t want to go) without having a better option lined up. Just doesn’t (1) make sense (2) fit with the proactive (and careful) approach taken by the new leadership.