Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, STM said:

Bruno will be getting a new contract very soon and it will see our highest earner on more like 150/200k, it opens the door to the possibility of others earning that too.

Yeah, Bruno will likely remain the ceiling after Summer, but a new contract for him will likely open the door the higher p/w offers than we have currently been making. 

55 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If things go well, Isak & Bruno will be 200k footballers. Botman 150k.

If things go well? If Bruno is currently on £125kpw and they’re talking about a new contract already, it’s likely that he’ll be on around £200kpw this summer regardless. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Isn't Phillips like one shoulder dislocation away from forced retirement?

He's hanging by a thread, we need players with no injury concerns or history whatsoever.

Maddison gets a let off as he's pure quality.

37 minutes ago, andycap said:

If we could get Marcus thuram on a free in the summer and say mount for a knockdown price of say 40 million with the Chelsea ffp problems we will be looking strong. 

Thuram and Grimaldo would fill two much needed positions for no transfer outlay. I'd be more in favour of that approach so that we can spend in midfield and out wide where it really matters.

6 hours ago, andycap said:

If we could get Marcus thuram on a free in the summer and say mount for a knockdown price of say 40 million with the Chelsea ffp problems we will be looking strong. 

24 minutes ago, STM said:

Wages issue aside, Mason Mount would be unreal under Eddie Howe.

Wages are the big problem with Mount. He’s already turned down Chelsea’s offer of £170kpw and is supposedly wanting £240kpw. Can see him going to Liverpool, personally. 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

new 4 year contract, no release clause 

IMG_4726.jpeg

Tbf, and putting aside our own interests, it’s good for European football in general. 

If a club as large and historic as Napoli uncover a gem, and then immediately have to cash in whether they like it or not, we may as well let the ‘elite’ set their Super League away. It’s not like Napoli are equivalent to Brighton.

Edited by SteV

I’d much prefer kvara stay at Napoli than go to a Real or Paris or something and it be the same repeat bull shit that he either flops massively or does amazing. It’s far more fun seeing him destroy it for Napoli 

Grimaldo is a fantastic set piece taker and brilliant crosser. We’d have some excellent attacking balance with him and Trippier. Marcus Thuram as a powerful wide forward would be well nice too. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I’d much prefer kvara stay at Napoli than go to a Real or Paris or something and it be the same repeat bull shit that he either flops massively or does amazing. It’s far more fun seeing him destroy it for Napoli 

Real Madrid's sense of entitlement to other clubs' best players is the most galling thing in football. Need more clubs to say no to them.

Edited by Skeletor

Just now, Skeletor said:

Real Madrid's sense of entitlement to other club's best player is the most galling thing in football. Need more clubs to say no to them.

I don’t even mind Real so to speak these days. It’s the agents and press of the world just gasping at selling a player way too early to one of these bigger clubs every year that truly bothers me. 

8 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Thuram and Grimaldo would fill two much needed positions for no transfer outlay. I'd be more in favour of that approach so that we can spend in midfield and out wide where it really matters.

It's been quiet when it comes to Thuram, usually there is a strong link by now of where out of contract players may go, same with Tielemans.

3 hours ago, STM said:

Wages issue aside, Mason Mount would be unreal under Eddie Howe.

Liverpool fan I know thinks it’s a done deal for Mount to go there this summer 

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thuram seems determined to do a Juve, Atleti or Paris type move.

He is 25 now (26 in August), even if we do qualify for the CL this season we're still likely 2/3 seasons away from consistently competing for titles/European trophies. He may think he doesn't want to wait till he is 28/29 to be in that position.