Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Forgive my ignorance…what does this mean? 

The type that can play a game that is quick, vertical from defence to attack. Suits counter attacks, end-to-end. Athletic, quick passing. Think KDB, Sterling, Haaland, Son, Isak, Joelinton, Klopp Liverpool.

Maddison can play on the counter with his passing but he's equally adept playing a slower passing game.  But if a game is too end-to-end he can get lost

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The type that can play a game that is quick, vertical from defence to attack. Suits counter attacks, end-to-end. Athletic, quick passing. Think KDB, Sterling, Haaland, Son, Isak, Joelinton, Klopp Liverpool.

Maddison can play on the counter with his passing but he's equally adept playing a slower passing game. 

Ah, gotcha ?

Yuge red flags all over anyone who has only played RB football even if he does look like he could pass for Schar's younger brother and has a raker lass.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Gave him the Youtube test..... creativity wise I prefer Maddison by a long shot.

A lot of his creativity comes from set pieces and Nkunku turning half chances into goals.

Seems a more vertical type player which  is good.

And of course... Bundesliga tax.

I don't think they are that far off creatively, however Szoboszlai is more of a ball carrier and so he will do that a lot more, while Maddison will move the ball with his passing more often as he won't carry it as much, so I hear you.

I think Szobozslai's athleticism and physicality is better suited to Howe's style of play, and he is a full 4 years younger, and so will have room to grow still, and so for me I like the fit more.

He's looked really comfortable against Prem sides in the Champions League too, and so think he will transition to the league very nicely.

I wonder if we adapt our strategy this summer to targeting more non PL players, we take on more risk that way but the upside is also potentially far higher not to mention the absurd value that can be found outside the PL (think Bruno and Botman). It will come down to who the targets are and the confidence management have in each individual one but I feel we might break the trend we have seen so far of the majority of our incomings having prior PL experience. 

The fact we are in Europe likely won’t change the planned financial outlay in terms of fees/wages, but it will change the targets and amplify the need for depth across some of our key positions. Dipping into the European market may be a way of balancing that out.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

60m?!

I’m sure last season the prices quoted were closer to 20m. 

Was that not for Marcus who is out of contract this summer? 

45 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I know he’s had a good season but going up to 60m for him is madness.

There's interest for him this summer from the wrong clubs i.e. PSG and Chelsea, so wouldn't be surprised, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

They are not going to get 60 for Thuram. Its mental. 

Might as well just pay the Manuel Ugarte release clause £53m or go in for Kone or Lavia. We have several options for defensive midfielder. 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't these clubs have FFP issues?

Man, I really don't know, they're still getting linked with all and sundry so apparently not.

48 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Can't we just sign all the Thurams

Perhaps we can. If we have to pay a little over the odds to get one of them and he can convince the other to sign for free, it's probably worth it.