Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

€80m = around £70m. I can see him costing that, and us paying that price. He’s 26, Brazilian starter, at Barca (who bought him for £50m), proven in the PL…

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Spanish press are also reporting that Liverpool are going to bid £88 million for Bruno. The silly season is truly upon us. 

That guy reporting the Raphinia bid is usually spot on I think 

40 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Every one had a blue tick now thanks to Elon. Never heard of the bloke.

Going to make the transfer window an absolute shitshow these blue ticks

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because Messi.

That would be crazy even by their standards, but we'd still have to persuade him to come here. I guess with the CL and Bruno here, anything is possible.

Just now, McCormick said:

He’d be an absolutely perfect signing. Can’t see him trading Barcelona for us though, unfortunately.

We’re like the newest ride at the theme park. What’s not to like. All aboard the joyride :indi: (yeah salary and stuff)

As others have mentioned, Romero is reliable for anything Barca-related.

I’m not fully on board with the signing though. Raphinha pushed for the Barca move hard last year, it’s his dream club. For him to be moved out a year later is practically to force him out.

I don’t think he’ll want to be here at all.

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Kovacic is not crap, he's excellent at carrying the ball forward and even in playing progressive passes

I suspect though we'll be targeting players that are younger and likely to command less wages than him

Fine, he's not crap.

But Kovacic has fallen off a cliff, defensively non existent & not the same player from the last 2 years (injuries or lack of effort I don’t know).

Ask any Chelsea fan.

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

As others have mentioned, Romero is reliable for anything Barca-related.

I’m not fully on board with the signing though. Raphinha pushed for the Barca move hard last year, it’s his dream club. For him to be moved out a year later is practically to force him out.

I don’t think he’ll want to be here at all.

That was my first thought as well, but we do have some big profile Brazilians here now, and CL football to offer. Might be more tempting than we imagine. Although I don't imagine he's on a small salary at Barca.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

A prime example why stats without context and without backup by the tape are useless. 

Your favourite Harrison looks great stat wise but if you watch him he’s average at best. 

No.  The same stats im using have Harrison as middling (vs other wingers).

Raphinha - love him as player but he’s not worth £80m.  Giving them back the £60m they paid is fair.  65m as a gesture is fine. Not worth a penny more. A lot of his creativity comes from set plays. While he’s good for a few worldies he’s not a composed finisher.  I also expect he’s on astronomical wages. £65m x 175k max imo.  

It’s 80m euros tbf. In any case you’d expect to overpay for world-class talent (and I’d just about put him in that bracket) so you’re the only team in the conversation. If he’s going for anything resembling a bargain then you’ll get a lot of competition from “bigger” clubs for his signature.

38 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Fine, he's not crap.

But Kovacic has fallen off a cliff, defensively non existent & not the same player from the last 2 years (injuries or lack of effort I don’t know).

Ask any Chelsea fan.

Maybe. Every Chelsea player has stunk this season.  And he was good at the World Cup. 

If he still has it and is not looking for astronomical wages. I want him. Don’t know if he does still have it.