Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

28 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Watching Real Sociedad last night - Zubimendi is class - shame they are in the CL now as he is untouchable now 

£53m release clause. Arsenal were heavily linked in the last window but he didn’t want to move mid season. I can see him going this summer. 

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

£53m release clause. Arsenal were heavily linked in the last window but he didn’t want to move mid season. I can see him going this summer. 

I think he stays put - Sociedad have the chance to really cement their place as Spains 4th best side over the coming years 

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I think he stays put - Sociedad have the chance to really cement their place as Spains 4th best side over the coming years 

4th best side over the coming years? Why wouldn’t he go to a possible 1st best side now, to a Real or Arsenal? 

edit- he’s also on a relative pitttance in wages at Sociedad compared to what he’d get elsewhere. 

Edited by Manxst

7 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Kovacic is not crap, he's excellent at carrying the ball forward and even in playing progressive passes

I suspect though we'll be targeting players that are younger and likely to command less wages than him

He’s only 28? In the last 18 months of his contract, and (supposedly) currently earning less wages (£100kpw) than Bruno. I’m not his biggest fan, but if the club were interested in signing him, now’s a great time. 

14 hours ago, Dokko said:

I get Geremi vibes from Kante. Think his legs are done. 

Not that long ago he looked like the best DM in the world and he played a major role in winning the league with Leicester and Chelsea in successive seasons. Since then they’ve tried to put him in a different role and he doesn’t look the same. 

Maybe it’s a bit old fashioned to have a purely defensive midfielder but he was so effective that I wonder if he should be an exception. With Leicester it was like they had an extra man, he was so good at breaking up opposition attacks. And whatever his limitations on the ball, he enabled his team mates to bomb forward without fear of counterattacks.

If he’s lost some fitness that’s one thing, but wherever he goes next, they ought to play to his strengths.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s only 28? In the last 18 months of his contract, and (supposedly) currently earning less wages (£100kpw) than Bruno. I’m not his biggest fan, but if the club were interested in signing him, now’s a great time. 

Not to get involved in the classic age debate but he's 29 in a few days, though I didn't realise he was on such a relatively low wage

I just assumed being Chelsea he was on silly money, if that's the case then I'd say it's a no brainer

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Aye. His rumoured wages are something we could pay.  Good age. Experience. Would be looking at £30m-£40m Max due to contract position. 

Kante has never been ‘purely a defensive midfielder’. He gets around the entire pitch.  Passes and moves. Carries the ball forward l, dominates the game. A better version of Declan Rice current game.  But his wages are astronomical and if he’s looking to get paid similar then he has to go to Juve, PSG, Atleti type clubs. 

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Not that long ago he looked like the best DM in the world and he played a major role in winning the league with Leicester and Chelsea in successive seasons. Since then they’ve tried to put him in a different role and he doesn’t look the same. 

That was 7 and 8 seasons ago, when Kante was 24/25. He just hasn’t been that same dynamic and industrious player for the last year or two imo- don’t know whether it’s fitness, age, injury, or combinations.  

How reliable is Gerard Romero?

@gerardromero

: "La Liga know about the €80M offer for Raphinha. It was INCLUDED in Barça's financial feasibility plan."

Edited by Matt1892

Price seems steep, but he's another one we've been allegedly looking at for a while so wouldn't be surprised if there's something in it.

He's class too, pretty much as good as we could get wide forward wise.  

Edited by The Prophet

Think he'd complete the forward line.

Isak and Wilson for the 9 position

The Joe combination, Gordon, Isak, Anderson for the inside left role (ASM if he stays)

Raphinha, Almiron and Murphy inside right. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

What I can find from his stats aren't the most impressive.

A prime example why stats without context and without backup by the tape are useless. 

Your favourite Harrison looks great stat wise but if you watch him he’s average at best. 

8 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Barca fans seem to think he’s been key for them this season 

Yeah they love him and want to try and squeeze us for 100mil

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pet journalist given a story to try and get interest and push the price up and get more cash to bail Barca out. 

Would be nice if all clubs just didn’t buy them out of trouble and their players played on the contracts they signed and the bloated shell of what Barca has become dies.