Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think he’s world class.  I don’t think he’s better than Rodrygo let alone Vini Jr. level.  

Who would be in for him at 65m?

Right now there’s maybe one player at the same level or above Vini, and while Raphinha isn’t as talented as Rodrygo he sure is above his level right now. Raphinha isn’t at the top of football, but looking at players we’ve been linked to realistically he’s the best out of them. 26 years old, proven in the PL and doing well for Barcelona after having a spell in the wrong position due to Xavi preferring Dembele.

In terms of money who cares tbh? We paid £40m for Gordon, £60-80 for Raphinha would be a far better deal. Also, he’d improve us and Almiron would keep him fresh as well not having to play every game next season.

I’ll put it this way, Raphinha would be a far better signing than Maddison or Paqueta.

Raphinha would be an incredible get this summer.

We were linked with him quite a bit last year as I recall, once Barca wanted him it was obviously never happening but seems things have changed.

Absolutely perfect for the right side of our front three. Think we sorely lack an attacker who can pick a quality pass in the final third and he'd give us that while also having the pace and dribbling ability you also want from a wide man. 

Experienced playing a high pressing style too.

Think if it's at all feasible we'll go all in on trying to make it happen.

Raphinha, Roque, Rice and some amazing LB whose name starts with R would be the kind of themed summer signing spree I could get behind.

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

Per Ciljan Skjelbred in action for Rosenborg against Sk Brann today. Plays as a 50 year old pub player.

Ah, those were the days. Wonder if Brett enerton and tranquillo barnetta fancy joining the project. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh Zubimendi stats

1103311117_Screenshot2023-05-03at15_26_18.thumb.png.c36a94eb2c8f399347bd2f5bb3ca934b.png2043553720_Screenshot2023-05-03at15_26_32.thumb.png.5bdaf940ec6c8592db15e00cbce34f88.png1136386636_Screenshot2023-05-03at15_26_43.thumb.png.65221e386d4396c0f24302ea9acf3f2b.png

🤦‍♂️ As I said a great example of stats not showing what a good player he is. 

The least convincing "sorry to be that guy" I've seen in a while :lol:

Have to impressed with how consistently wrong he is about so much without ever even slightly accepting that he basically is being told and knows fuck all reliable.