Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

17 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Craig Hope and Mark Douglas were pretty convinced at a fanzine thing I went to that if they’d received a decent enough offer for him last summer he’d have been sold. Situations change obviously but I agree I can see him being sold.

They were probably both getting their info from this forum 🙂

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They were probably both getting their info from this forum 🙂

Haha fair. To be fair I know one of the local journos and he reckons old Baldy Edwards is pretty well connected regarding his info which came as a surprise to me. Make of that what you will though.

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Haha fair. To be fair I know one of the local journos and he reckons old Baldy Edwards is pretty well connected regarding his info which came as a surprise to me. Make of that what you will though.

I’m one of the few people on here who defends LE so doesn’t surprise me at all… but let’s not restart that debate again as it’s hard enough for me trying to fend off everyone wanting to sell ASM 🙂

Though it'll be a real shame to see him go, he was the one bright spot in some bleak times, I can see ASM being sold this summer.

With Gordon, Joelinton, Isak and Anderson we have 4 players who can play his preferred position and while he would be useful given the extra games next year he's probably our most sellable player. The way FFP works any profit made on him goes straight on the books allowing the purse strings to be disproportionately loosened for other signings whose cost can be spread over the years of their contacts.

For these reasons, plus his fitness issues, I suspect he'll be the one sacrificed in order to make the squad more ready for playing in Europe (and qualifying again next year).

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m one of the few people on here who defends LE so doesn’t surprise me at all… but let’s not restart that debate again as it’s hard enough for me trying to fend off everyone wanting to sell ASM 🙂

Well I’m also definitely not ITK nor do I get inside scoops 😂

Has Kante signed a new contract yet? 

I'd love us to sign him. Give him a 2 year deal, put him on the same wages as Bruno.

At least we know he's not a mercenary type. He'd bring valuable experience, could play in the 6 or the 8 position. Besides, everywhere he goes.... trophies follow.

I'm presuming that he has somewhere lined up, big pay day somewhere.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Has Kante signed a new contract yet? 

I'd love us to sign him. Give him a 2 year deal, put him on the same wages as Bruno.

At least we know he's not a mercenary type. He'd bring valuable experience, could play in the 6 or the 8 position. Besides, everywhere he goes.... trophies follow.

I'm presuming that he has somewhere lined up, big pay day somewhere.

I get Geremi vibes from Kante. Think his legs are done. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I get Geremi vibes from Kante. Think his legs are done. 

Watched him the other day he looked their fittest player. Besides... someone is defo going to call you a racist in about 5 seconds. [emoji38]

16 minutes ago, STM said:

Watched him the other day he looked their fittest player. Besides... someone is defo going to call you a racist in about 5 seconds. [emoji38]

Probably the only one professional enough to put in a performance. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I want Kovacic.

Still a decent age. His wages aren't astronomical. Good player in tight spaces. Decent athleticism.

Watching Real Sociedad last night - Zubimendi is class - shame they are in the CL now as he is untouchable now 

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I want Kovacic.

Still a decent age. His wages aren't astronomical. Good player in tight spaces. Decent athleticism.

Linked with Bayern via Tuchel.